Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
VXON'S Very Own Dyslexic Alcohilic Rasberry Ripple
2,833 Posts
As you a a previous V6 boy, do you know if the koni's would be any good for one, how old are they/what type of mileage they done, also the strut brace and the rear disc's/calipers?

Is postage an option?

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As you a a previous V6 boy, do you know if the koni's would be any good for one, how old are they/what type of mileage they done, also the strut brace and the rear disc's/calipers?

Is postage an option?
I'm not sure on mileage as they were fitted to the car when I got it. They still work perfectly though. The fronts are definately the same. The rears are listed as being different, however I know they do actually fit rear beam models. The mountings are the same?

Rear discs MIGHT be different, would need to check.

The strut brace does fit, but you may have to just trim the corner of the engine cover.

Postage will be an option, but as said it will be a few weeks before the car gets stripped down.

·
2,833 Posts
I'm not sure on mileage as they were fitted to the car when I got it. They still work perfectly though. The fronts are definately the same. The rears are listed as being different, however I know they do actually fit rear beam models. The mountings are the same?

Rear discs MIGHT be different, would need to check.

The strut brace does fit, but you may have to just trim the corner of the engine cover.

Postage will be an option, but as said it will be a few weeks before the car gets stripped down.
Forgot about it being IRS...DOH!:shame:

Would deffinately be interested in the shox, if the rear's don't fit, I can always sell them on, unless someone ask you just for the rears.

When you say "trim the corner of the engine cover", what are we taking, plastic or metal, a lot or little work?

The rear brakes would be good as I need new for mine, if you can find out and they do, I'd be interested in them too.

I know it's a check asking you to find out but, you are MUCH MORE mechanically gifted than I, wheelchairs I can repair with my eyes closed, cars well...

It's just a shame such a nice motor has to end up this way.

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its only the plastic cover that needs trimming. I don't actually know that for a fact, but that is what I was told when I was looking for a strut brace for my V6. You either need to locate a Regal one from all those years ago, or use a Sparco one and trim the corner off the engine cover.

As for brakes, leave it with me I will ask about.:up:

·
2,833 Posts
Its only the plastic cover that needs trimming. I don't actually know that for a fact, but that is what I was told when I was looking for a strut brace for my V6. You either need to locate a Regal one from all those years ago, or use a Sparco one and trim the corner off the engine cover.

As for brakes, leave it with me I will ask about.:up:
In that case then, I'll have it and make it fit and I'll wait to hear from you about the brakes.

Cheers

Just one thing, if you post on here and don't hear from me even though I've been on, PM me, because I've got one hell of a bad memory as I do want the things.

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
OK mate.

The car will definatley now be stripped in approx 2 weeks once my mate gets back from his skiing holiday and I can use his ramp and hoist.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
back.

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
See my thread in the gallery for the damage. Chassis leg is bent, boot floor folded, rear panel gone and quarters creased.

Front is done in too as I was shunted into the car in front.

If you want the shell make an offer but most of the parts will be removed.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.