Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, can someone on here tell me what colour wire it is for the rear brake lights as I need to connect my tow bar electrics to it. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Hi there i dont know what colour it is bit if you get stuck put a circuit tester or voltmeter on the stop light bulb holder where the wires go in, put ign on and foot on brake so light come on and check voltage at wire on lamp and note the colour...see below for socket details....Fred.
Car Towing Socket Wiring

Socket 1 normal

1 L Left Turn Signal Yellow 1.5 15
2 54G +12V from battery or Rear fog lamps Blue 1.5 15
3 31 Ground connected to chassis White or Grey 2.5 13
4 R Right Turn Signal Green 1.5 15
5 58R Tail lamps, and registration plate lamp right side Brown 1.5 15
6 54 Stop lamps Red 1.5 15
7 58L Tail lamps, and registration plate lamp left side Black 1.5 15

Socket 2

1 Reversing lamps Yellow 1.5 15
2 (15) Battery charging Spare Blue 2.5 13 [ISO3732 1]
3 31 Common ground Common ground except for pin 6 White or Grey 2.5 13
4 30 Feed for internal 12V equipment except refrigerator +12V permanent Green 2.5 13
5 Spare Spare Brown 1.5 15
6 15 Feed for refrigerator +12V via ignition lock Red 2.5 13
7 Spare ground for pin 6 Black 2.5 13

from Fred in Essex,

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi no this is a genuine kit from dealers and a friend will be putting it on Tech 2 for me. But it needs to be connected at 3 points.
1. Brake lights.
2. Fuse box
3. ODB reader wire (green).

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
Hi no this is a genuine kit from dealers and a friend will be putting it on Tech 2 for me. But it needs to be connected at 3 points.
1. Brake lights.
2. Fuse box
3. ODB reader wire (green).
I always thought the genuine kit just plugged in, and then needed activating with Tech2.
OK, the easy way to find the brake light wire will be to take a rear light out & see what colour wire goes to the light.
If it's like the Astra H, there is only a single wire to the side/brake light bulb (12v 21w single filament bulb), that works by feeding a lower voltage to use it as a sidelight, and full voltage for brake light.
If there are two wires to the bulb, then you will need to use a multimeter to find the correct wire.

·
Worn Out Member
6,561 Posts
it looks as though the colour depends on where you pick the feed up from.
l/h lamp is Brown/Yellow from bcm to X420 connector then Red
r/h is Violet/Black to X425 connector then Red

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats wot I originally thought but they have now changed it and needs to be connected to wires, fuse box and OBD. Zaf B was plug and Tech 2. As this was a special order I could not return it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Does the 'C' have a REC? The trailer wiring for the 'B' terminates with a D plug that fits in a socket on the REC, just needed to add the appropriate fuse as per the install instructions. Didn't need Tech2 or Opcom changes as I don't have reversing sensors that need disabling when trailer connected.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts