Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have fitted the front and rear discs from a Mk 3 Cav GLS 1993 to my cav Mk 2 Estate, WOW what a difference it has made-easy job on the front but a bit of welding for the handbrake guides on the rear, I had to use my axle because mine is an estate and the other car's a hatch and the shocks are in the wrong place. I have a question - Has anyone fitted Mk 3 seats into a Mk 2, does anyone know if the front seat will fit? if no one knows I will have a go maybe next weekend.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Not sure if he did the work himself, but Jacko fitted leather seats out a Mk3 into his Cav Calibre. I used to own a Mk2, and from memory, the front subframes might be the same... the rear fitment is sure to be different though.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
you would have to use the seats out of a sallon mk3. you could but mk3 interior and remove the cloth and put it onto the mk2 seats. iirc on my mk2 saloon the rear seats did not fold down and the hole for the head rest are in the top of the seat instead of the parcel shelf as they are on mk3. but im sure with some adaption you can make them fit. but wont be a 5 min job.

·
vx-on's mk2 cav loon
428 Posts
Has anyone fitted Mk 3 seats into a Mk 2, does anyone know if the front seat will fit? if no one knows I will have a go maybe next weekend.

hi mate,i have mk3 cdx leather in my mk2 saloon,fronts are simple,you just swap the subframes,job done. the rear upright i have screwed through the "x" bar into the seat(mk3 one's have a metal backing),and i used the mk2 bench,had it re-trimmed with the leather from the mk3 one,cost me £60 to have done by a proffessional(sp),as the mk3 has a different shape tunnel. hope this helps :Cool2:
here's a couple of pics

1 - 4 of 4 Posts