Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vivaro 2.0 CDTI Sportive, Mazda 6 Skyactiv
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a problem from a mate of mine who has a 2.5v6 Vectra (CDX)

When the engine is running and the brake pedal is pressed the pedal goes to the floor. The car does brake but not very much.
Without the engine running if you pump the pedal, its goes hard (as I'd expect it to)
He has bled the complete system and changed the brake servo. But still has the same problem
Is it likely to be the ABS unit messing the system up? (no ABS fault present)

Any help please!

·
Registered
122 Posts
it's the abs modulator the valves stick. take it up the road and do emergency stops, gets the valves moving should get a pedal back if not need new.

·
Registered
110 Posts
hi, did he get his brake pads changed recently? the same happened on a mates cav, the problem occured while pushing the caliper piston back, sometimes the seals inside the master cylinder turn around and this causes the pedal to the floor effect. the only solution is to fit a new master cylinder.

·
Registered
248 Posts
there was a problem with abs units on vecta early models i think pedal going to far to floor... there is a way of checkin i think if i remember rightly there r rubber gromet on front of unit u can take out n put small pin or drill bit i think if u press the pedal it should push it out... dont qoute me on that long long time ago... :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts