Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, can anyone tell me if the brake discs for a CDX 2003 Omega will fit my 1997 Omega 2.0l. I have a good deal on a set of discs from this car and would like to put them on mine as i am in line for a brake service.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Maybe not, but don't quote me. I believe all 2000 > cars have 296mm discs, whereas on the older models the 2.0s had 286mm discs which are also thinner.

Where are you getting the discs BTW, as I need a new set for my MV6.

Cheers
Paul.

R

·
0 Posts
I agree. 2.0 up to 1998 had 286 x 24mm discs. V6 and post 1998 all have 296 x 28mm discs. They will fit if you change the callipers, back plates and pads as well. Not a massive job, but hardly worth the trouble.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
I need to change my discs. ABout £60 + VAT at trade club prices for a pair of discs and set of pads.

I currently have pattern parts on mine, and I think Laidback who drove it on Saturday will confirm that brakes are rubbish, namely because I have warped tham yet again (replaced once under warranty, and skimmed once as well). They only went on last June, and I've warped them 3 times. I never warped the previous (Vx) ones, and hence will be putting a set of genuine ones on soon.

R

·
0 Posts
Yes Jamie, but they are not as 'interesting' as my front discs. Remember that nearside one??:lmao:

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
RonaldMcBurger said:
Yes Jamie, but they are not as 'interesting' as my front discs. Remember that nearside one??:lmao:
I'm sure they still slow you down. Eventually.

I guess those wrong size discs are due for renewal soon? I would put genuine ones on though, I'm sure one of the local guys will lend you a TC card...

R

·
0 Posts
The discs are the correct size Jamie, it is the car that is wrong!

As far as replacements are concerned, I still have the original callipers for it (which Mark will definitely remember). I will be using genuine VX ones for that absolutely.

I am waiting for the weather to warm up and that will now be after my operation on 11th. So sometime in May probably.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Can any of you guys with TC get me a set of discs & pads? How much would postage be? Don't think there's anyone up here who has the card :(

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
I reckon postage would make it not worthwhile - TC price is around £60 + VAT, normal trade is around £75 + VAT, and retail is about £90 + VAT.

I reckon you'll be looking at £15 - £20 to post, IIRC they ain't light!

Have you tried AUtovaux?

·
Registered
466 Posts
What about these discs & pads, any good:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4595615040

Says they're for 1999 > but going by what I've read here all 99 > models will have the same 296mm discs as my Omega, and the pads with the little hole in the metal part.

I'd expect Mintex parts to be of good quality, had their 1155 pads on my Impreza WRX and they worked very well (although that did have 4-pot calipers on the front and was a much lighter car). Never used their discs, I had group N discs on the Impreza.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Cunnan said:
Hi guys, can anyone tell me if the brake discs for a CDX 2003 Omega will fit my 1997 Omega 2.0l. I have a good deal on a set of discs from this car and would like to put them on mine as i am in line for a brake service.
Sooooo.... Is the 03 Omega being broken-up then?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts