Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Boy, do these things rot!

2K views 25 replies 15 participants last post by  osealy 
LOL... Vectras rot like crazy too, although you're doing well if they last long enough to rot as the handling usually results in them ending their life in a hedge :D

Sorry but my dad had a new Vectra CDX and I've been in rowing boats that could turn quicker. He's since got a 330Ci and it's like night and day. OK the BMW has an image problem, but it seems like an awful lot of the new shape vectras around my way have failure of the indicators these days too ;)

The Omega is far from a great car (I only have one because I can get a 3.0 with RWD and decent handling cheap enough to run into the ground and keep the miles off my 840), but it's about the only model in the VX line-up of that era that could even dare use the word "handling". As Jeremy Clarkson so aptly put it... "I don't know why they fit these things with a steering wheel, it doesn't seem to do anything" :D Understeer city! The Omega has a far better chassis IMO... but if you prefer a Vectra sized car then the Mondeo wipes the floor with it too, harsh reality.

Flogging it sounds like the best option... but if you do go back to a vectra just remember to halve your corner speeds unless you want a close look at the roadside hedges :D

Seriously, if I were looking at that market it'd be a Mondeo every time - far better handling (but then so does a Land Rover defender LOL), better build quality, hell it's even better looking, strange as that may sound! They're both front wheel drive, but only one of them has a steering wheel that actually functions ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.