Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for help on how to chase my pipes for b.c.s and check for any leaks and make sue all the pipes are in all the right places ect. When i start the car i can hear air somewhere from driver side of the car. Wondering if this could be another cause of my horrible p0234 issue.

·
"Red One.."
2,992 Posts
Ideally you need the help of a mityvac hand pump which can be used as a start point to measure the vacuum being produced by the vac pump and along the lines to the boost solenoid - this will highlight any areas of vacuum leak before the pipework reaches the solenoid.

·
Worn Out Member
8,029 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome thank you, took the car out for a thrashing today, taking a m8 200 miles to have a look at another car, haven't really done mutch since I was last on here other than change the blanking plate on the egr to the one without a hole and somehow my problem seems to be more intermittent now, before I use to have to turn the engine off or clear faults via obd diagnostic but today, the spanner light would appear, would briefly go into limp mode then the lights would go off and we're away again,
Don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, and got a mechanic living next door gonna have a look at my pipes while he's doing timing belt and cam seal,,,
Timing belt now at 67.000 urgently need changing or can I push it, so many different recomendations

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ideally you need the help of a mityvac hand pump which can be used as a start point to measure the vacuum being produced by the vac pump and along the lines to the boost solenoid - this will highlight any areas of vacuum leak before the pipework reaches the solenoid.
Got it all tested today and apparently all was good up to the solenoid,
The pipe ad widend on the actuator end so i dont know if this was the cause of it so ive cut a bit of the end and now got a tight fit.
Worth a try but any other suggestions much appreciated :)

·
"Red One.."
2,992 Posts
Definitely will have an effect on the operation of the valve if any vacuum is bleeding off, so fingers crossed that'll be it.

Reactions: sar2506

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wasnt it unfortunately. But i actually got someone else to do the revving today while i had a fidlle. And had a look at the wastegate actuator.
It moved as it should about4-5 times then all of a sudden it stopped stuck in what i assume to be the boosting possition for the penny or whatever.(not v good with cars)
However got them to turn the engine off and the wastegate still didnt return to its usual place. Got them to rev a few more times and the actuator was free again for another 5-6 heavy revs untill it locked on again.
Can i replace or fix this or is it a whole new turbo unit. Only paid 800 for the car lol a new turbo would cost me that much.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1.7 cdti sri 100hp 1686cc so i believe and i think the engine code is z17dth??
Would be awesome if i could just replace this bit. Could even havea crack at it myself should be easy enough if i remove rad ect right, plus rads recently been done so it all fresh in my memory.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome thank you. Im guessing they dont all look the same but this looks a spit of what i have fitted. Took ages to get the vac pipe on as it was too thick to go between the spout and the wastegate so had to shave a tiny bit off to flatten the end.
Will buy this now and keep you updated. Cheers.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
If it dont work dont hold me to it lol.

Fingers crossed it works for you though

·
"Red One.."
2,992 Posts
You'll most likely find that the sticking/seizing part is the vanes within the turbo as opposed to the actuator. You can get cleaning products that will help free them off, worst case scenario is a replacement turbo however.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol it may not fix my issue but sure doesnt help if it stuck open i guess.
You'll most likely find that the sticking/seizing part is the vanes within the turbo as opposed to the actuator. You can get cleaning products that will help free them off, worst case scenario is a replacement turbo however.
Thanks for your help i have orderd a new actuator anyway. And can u suggest anything in particular for cleaning turbo vaines.
I seen something in halfords for 30 quid some ppl swear by it some ppl hate it. Plus means i got to dissmantle the turbo??

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank foud this yesterday along with some wynnes spray. Ordered the revive on ebay and a spary from my local eurocarparts so i can try pre shifting some shizzle :)
Thanks will keep u updated.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts