Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to try some blue LED's in my clocks faces...

And how it was...

It is very hard to portray exactly what the eye sees on a photo.

If I am to be honest the LED's do not illuminate the numbers anywhere near as good at the old bulbs :shame: But the needles look great :D

Up around the 100, 120 on the speedo is very dark in reality - looks much better in the picture.

However, I must add that this IMO is not the fault of the LED's at all. It's the design of the clocks.

Ideally I would love a plasma set with black faces, not white.

Thanks to Vauxmaster for the 4 LED's - a pleasure to deal with :Cool2:

·
Meep-Meep
2,224 Posts
Yup, the prisms inside just can't focus the light up to the top of the dial.

I think they look better in white then blue, but a good job none the less

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spookylee said:
I think they look better in white then blue, but a good job none the less
to be fair the photos were taken at different speeds so you can't really make a decision from those but I do agree - illumination is better in the white!

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
scharatz said:
Maybe a stupid question, but is it impossible to add another led nearer to the top of the dials?
I was wondering that myself but it is not so easy from what I can see!

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Atlantean said:
to be fair the photos were taken at different speeds
Is there something I can't see? the speedo reads the same in both pics. Or am I missing the point?

Personally i like them in blue, although I had red led's in my old cav and I thought they looked brilliant.

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sy said:
Is there something I can't see? the speedo reads the same in both pics. Or am I missing the point?
I was referring to the shutter speed and the ISO of the film one of which was 400 and the other 800 ;)

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
Yours is the same as mine - you can't see empty on the fuel and you cant see 30 mph (50 kph) on the speedo. Gonna do a different colour soon.

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
Reverb said:
Yours is the same as mine - you can't see empty on the fuel and you cant see 30 mph (50 kph) on the speedo. Gonna do a different colour soon.
Would they show if you had red LEDs ?

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reverb said:
Yep! To be fair - most of the numbers are hard to see - only the needles look good :shame:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts