Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to get a new engine for my vectra and was wondering if there was any difference between a 1.8 Sri 120 and a sri130? Also would a 2.0 fit mechanically i.e. the driveshafts
gearbox etc thanks in advance for any help

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Fitting different engines is problematic. I wouldn't do it myself.

But some others here with loads of camel-type patience have done it. Not sure they will encourage others to do it though.

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
if the vectra is anything like the cavalier most of the engines are swapable, but iirc some the subframes are different. as for engine swaps, tbh been there done that, the only thing i would like about really is if your putting a std engine in that already exists as std in a different vectra then buy that. it just makes life easier. insurance if a right pain soon as you have a modifeid car.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Yes that's a good point, if it's not out of another Vectra and not the same size, your insurance company will either rub their hands with glee, or wash their hands completely!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice think ill stick to a 1.8 then,but is there any difference between the Sri 120 and the Sri 130 then?or is it just bcos one is a newer model

·
Premium Member
Jaguar XF 2.2 Sport LE with extra toys
1,286 Posts
If you have the older engine (X18XE) then I believe that the 2 litre (X20XEV) will be a straight swop and externally looks the same and as far as I know will use the existing ecu . The later 1.8 Engine (X18XE1) could be made to fit but you will have problems with the electrics as you will need to fit another ecu with all the problems that will bring as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the advice,think ill stick to the 1.8. Now just need to kno if theres any difference between my 1.8 Sri 120 and a 2001, 1.8 Sri 130,apart from the obvious

1 - 9 of 9 Posts