Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help please, I ve just bought a vectra 2.5 1998 v6, there is no air comming out of the vents inside the car to demist the windows ect, would this be the blower motor faulty. The car has climate control which is also not working. thank you

·
Premium Member
Jaguar XF 2.2 Sport LE with extra toys
1,286 Posts
:shame: If the control buttons for the climate control still change the temp settings and the numbers for the fan motor speeds try the reset function which is to hold both the off and auto buttons in together and switch on the ignition to position two, hold the buttons in for about thirty seconds and you should be able to hear the small servo motors for the air direction flaps starting to move into their proper positions. If the switches are not lighting up and you cant hear the motors check fuses. Nos 2. 22. 36. 38. and 40. All of these fuses are listed in my handbook as having something to do with air-con/ climate control. I dont know for sure if your car will be the same as mine fuse box wise as mine is the facelift model. The only other thing I can think of is the fan speed regulator which is only fitted to cars with climate control. This item is about the size of a cigarette packet and I think it has a couple of small multi plugs fitted to it. It is mounted on the the heater body and is fixed with two screws the top one being a pure pig to get access to. It is mounted quite high up on the heater body above and left of the clutch pedal you will probably need a torch to see it, if I remember correctly it is partly recessed in the heater body. I hope that this is of some help to you.

PS I would advise going to a breakers yard and trying to find a CDX
with the lower dash already dismantled and hopefully you be able to see
where this part is fitted and maybe get it from there as I am sure it will be around £120 if you have to buy it from Vauxhall.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply to my vectra air con problem, I will try some of your suggestions out just one thing the numbers for the fan motor speed do not light up, I take it that is just a blown fuse or is that some type of other fault. Thanks anyway, Eugene

1 - 4 of 4 Posts