Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody help ?

I have an Omega 3.0 MV6 and when the engine is under load ( going up hill, towing etc. ) no air is supplied to the facia vents - it all seems to go to the windscreen !!!!

When the car is cruising - i.e. no engine load - then the vents work fine and you can have air in your face..

Has anyone come across this problem and is there a known cure ??

This applies with both the air con on or just the blower fan on..

Cheers.

Paul.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'm new here and there are more qualified people than me to comment. But this sounds like a loss of vacuum to the heater controls. Do a search on vac hoses, esp by MarksDTMCalib?? When the throttle is fully open there is no vacuum. There should be ample in the vacuum reservoir so it looks like you have a leak on the vacuum tubing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Done some checks

Have checked all the vac pipes out today. ( they seem ok )

The vac reservoirs are also holding there own.

As everything seems ok right up to the point where the 2 vac pipes enter through the bulkhead - I have unplugged the one that goes to the bypass valve and blocked this off temporarily..
Everything is working fine whilst stationary - but the test will be when I take it out for a road test and put the engine under load !!

Will keep you posted - thanks.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Silly Question

Am I correct in thinking that there is definately a problem ?

I've had the car for almost 2 years now and it has always been like this.

Do fully functional Omega's definately blow air in your face all the time ( even under engine load ) ???????????

Thanks again.

Paul

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Problem Solved

Hi,

Just a quickie to say that I have now solved the problem !!

All vacuum pipes were ok and connections to the heating control switch etc. etc.

The problem was that the vacuum reservoir behind the cabin filter - although working was not holding it's vacuum when the engine was under any load ( i.e. no more vacuum from manifold )

This was due to a faulty "one way" valve that is presumably within the vacuum unit !!

I simply cut a 2 inch piece of 6mm ID Fuel Pipe - pushed in an old cycle tyre valve ( type with rubber valve on them ) This gave me a perfect one way valve.
One end onto the vacuum unit and the onto the vacuum pipe coming from the T piece on the brake servo hose.

Hey Presto - Job done ( and at nil cost ), now works perfectly under all engine conditions.

This will also improve the air conditioning as the HBV ( Heater Bypass Valve ) will now work properly and only allow hot water to the heater matrix when at least one of the temperature knobs is turned away from the far left ( onto a warmer setting )

Hope others will find this tip handy.

Paul.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi,

Just a quickie to say that I have now solved the problem !!

All vacuum pipes were ok and connections to the heating control switch etc. etc.

The problem was that the vacuum reservoir behind the cabin filter - although working was not holding it's vacuum when the engine was under any load ( i.e. no more vacuum from manifold )

This was due to a faulty "one way" valve that is presumably within the vacuum unit !!

I simply cut a 2 inch piece of 6mm ID Fuel Pipe - pushed in an old cycle tyre valve ( type with rubber valve on them ) This gave me a perfect one way valve.
One end onto the vacuum unit and the onto the vacuum pipe coming from the T piece on the brake servo hose.

Hey Presto - Job done ( and at nil cost ), now works perfectly under all engine conditions.

This will also improve the air conditioning as the HBV ( Heater Bypass Valve ) will now work properly and only allow hot water to the heater matrix when at least one of the temperature knobs is turned away from the far left ( onto a warmer setting )

Hope others will find this tip handy.

Paul.
Nice going.
Does it have aircon or climate control ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Air Con

Air Con I believe !

Seperate controls for either side - but as far as I know it is just air con.

Paul.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts