Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started really good with a cracking saturday as normal, beer was flowing, bbq's were smoking and there was lots of laughing.
Sunday started off really well except when we all got onto the a43, Spud decided she was gonna have a hissy fit and cut out after a couple of really loud backfires. Call the saviour that is mark (in the vain hope spud would be frightened into working) but unfortunately, this was to no avail. Couple of members (mickey and someone else, im sorry i cant recall who you are lol) but thank you ever so much, pulled up and tried to help but left after it proved there was not a lot to be done. Managed to start spud and drive to the next junction where she cut out again, did plugs etc and she started. Managed to get to the entrance to silverstone when she cut out again to which mark had to leave, many thanks to laura (aka japcav) for enquiring about spud as she drove past but finally managed ot get spud going long enough to get to the stand where a multitude of people offered various opinions on what was wrong (code 56 incidentely which was being flashed from the abs light!!!!
Micky rather nicely spent sometime on his phone ( i think and i owe you sir, cokes will be the order of the day :) ) surfing the web in an attempt to find the code (which he did) told me it was icv voltage too high so i stripped part of the engine down, sorted a few things under mickeys advice and waited.
Replaced everything and went for a wander around to which i found a few things that caught my eye (pics to follow tomorrow) and by the time it came to leave, spud had fired up a few times really well.
Had a slight moment just out of trax but she kept going, got to the roundabout over the m40 and the bloody thing cut out and refused to start. 3 vxon members behind me plus the cars behind them and so i punced the steering wheel as i was extremely pissed off, popped the bonnet, and pulled apart a plug that mickey had shown me and plopped it back together, spud started first time and i did not have a problem all the way home.
Cracking meet, met loads of really nice people as usual, no problems at all (apart from mebbe the cramped stand size but its getting bigger all the time) and i owe all of you that offered help into sorting spud especially mark for all his help in what ended up as a really good weekend
Pics will follow tomorrow at some point if i remember but what a corker :)

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
It was good to meet you again Rob and i will help you polish your car at the next meet!

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was good to meet you again Rob and i will help you polish your car at the next meet!
Well, lets be honest, as i said to stevew, i didnt really car if my car made sh!tter of the meet, i had rather more pressing matters to try and deal with although i had washed and waxed her on friday but she was a bit dirty.
Was nice to meet you as well again trish :)

·
Because...Race Car!
19,083 Posts
'Outside Trax'

"Look there's a fat man pushing a Calibra infront of 500 modified cars" LOL

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
:lmao:

Glad you got home ok, the wiring on spud needs renewing really, looks like someone has had a go, but not done a very good job, hence the problems you had. That 5 pin flat plug can cause so much grief its unreal. I know, i had the same, and owe Kev (C20letboy) for getting to the root of the problem.

I quite liked spud, in fact when i first claps eyes on her, i though ah, a Tubby:wub:

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Ahhh, slightly inaccurate... Micky spent ages on t'internet, along with Max, neither of them got Top Buzz working... I rang whitebullet and he texted me the code 20 minutes later! :D

I do like Spud, there's a combination of things on there that, at face value, probably shouldn't work, but, put it all together and it sits really nice!

Good to see u again buddy, I'll be down your way again at some point to try some of the Hop's funky cider! :D

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
feck me.

theres more meat on one of mine or marks legs than bloody rob. lol

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Ahhh, slightly inaccurate... Micky spent ages on t'internet, along with Max, neither of them got Top Buzz working... I rang whitebullet and he texted me the code 20 minutes later! :D
I know dude ;) I got on the website eventually to double check it was the code for the right engine. Fault code said ICV, but it was the wiring at fault, not the ICV. Sorted it anyway, thats the main thing. Me and Max looked like we were blind trying to see the phone screens with the sun on them:lmao:

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What did we do before mobile phones? :lmao:
Ummm, i think we would be sat crying because we didnt know what it would be lol! Good thing now though is i have kinda moved in with someone that has a massive garden with a driveway to fit at least 6 cars and a garage so wil hopefully be doing spud properly in the very near future. She seems to be behaving now even though most days im doing a 32 mile round trip to her house and most of that being on the motorway too! Typical really, big show, car fooks up, day to day, she could not be happier!

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
I know dude ;) I got on the website eventually to double check it was the code for the right engine. Fault code said ICV, but it was the wiring at fault, not the ICV. Sorted it anyway, thats the main thing. Me and Max looked like we were blind trying to see the phone screens with the sun on them:lmao:
U did get on in the end then!? :think :p

Wiring, bad earths, dicky connections... :turd

[Off topic]BTW, what phone is it u have Micky?[/Off topic]

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Ummm, i think we would be sat crying because we didnt know what it would be lol! Good thing now though is i have kinda moved in with someone that has a massive garden with a driveway to fit at least 6 cars and a garage so wil hopefully be doing spud properly in the very near future. She seems to be behaving now even though most days im doing a 32 mile round trip to her house and most of that being on the motorway too! Typical really, big show, car fooks up, day to day, she could not be happier!
now the way i've read that sounds to me like spud has her own house dude! :lmao:

·
Vxon's car whore
12,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
now the way i've read that sounds to me like spud has her own house dude! :lmao:
lol, yeah but unfortunately spuds boyfriend is a ford maverick lol!! Was worded a bit daft but im quite happy at the moment and aint putting my words down right lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts