Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Bloody brilliant day!!

15K views 85 replies 28 participants last post by  Vampy 
#1 ·
Well, where do I start...I have had a truely blinding day at the Castle Coombe Track today and I am now completely Knackered...lol

A good turnout and we immediately took over a large area for our stand and pride of place went to the new banner which looked stunning!

Lets see if I can remember the attendies...lol

Me...Obviously...
GoonasUK
SteveW
FluffSRi
Eigth Dwarf
Atlantean
JJ
Blotto_Otto
Morphiuz
Old red & Young..lol
DJ Gritt & Missus
Snail & Missus
Tom who came along for a looksy and got more than he bargained for...lol

Think that's everyone on our stand....

Dougie was out all day in 'The Supershed' for Total Vauxhall and the TV Omega was being piloted by Barton....Abocav was also 'in da house'

Well, we went and got briefed and got our track wristbands allowing entry to the track and then, being that out allotted time slot was at 12:45 we decided to go and watch so of the cars going around 'quarry' which is a corner you are warned about so should be interesting..

Watched the cars going slow and quick, forwards and in some cases sidewards and backwards..lol and afew 'smokers' too...The TV Omega was entertaining the crowds by drifting every available corner on the track..lol

Time was nearing tracktime, so we went back and 6 of us got ready and went and got noise tested before making our way onto the track.....This is the point I should probably mention that I now have a passenger in the for of a slightly worried Tom...LOL although he turned out to be an excellent passenger...

Trackers...
Myself
Blotto
Morph and the 1-eye'd cav!
Fluff
Old red
Goonas

plus around 20 others...

None of us drove silly and I think it's safe to say that we all had a damn good blast!! Personally, I was happy with the Turbo performance but not the brakes which seemed to fade around 1/4 of the way through the session so I had to use the gearbox and a lot of adventurus cornering..lol but it was sooo much fun and I will be doing it again soon...albeit with brakes hopefully.

Came back in, had a rest and then (and I'm not quite sure how I managed it) I managed to blag a passenger ride with Barton (bloody nice bloke too) in the TV Drift Omega on 19's and OH MY GOD did we have fun!!! - Sideways EVERYWHERE!!:lmao: :Cool2: I have a picture of how much tread was left on the wheels which I will put up later..

Anyway....enough typing....Loads of Videos and pictures were taken and I'm sure they will start appearing soon, but I would just like to say Thanks to everyone that came and a huge thanks to Marc (Goonas) for organising it!!!:Cool2:

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh yes it was a excellent day,Well done to Marc for oganizing it,now get teh one for sept sorted out mate,as the calibra will be sorted by then so deffo going to tracking it..:up:
And the first of many pics of today(thanks Pete :up: )
but this one is Mark in the TV meg..

#4 ·
F00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNG AWESOME DAY!

Loved every second! The track was soooo much fun, bit nervous before I went out but once I was on the track and got round the "infamous" quarry pointing in the right direction and not in the tyres I was fecking loving it! Didn't lift off much all the way round, absolutely brilliant fun!

Was hoping to blag a ride in the other Cav L there (ie the Supershed) but kept missing him before he went out!

Can't wait to see the pictures!

I will be coming back, especially when I'm driving something with a little bit more poke!

That Omega was amazing and Mr Barton is a fecking looney, drifting in the middle of traffic, and I mean proper clouds of smoke drifting!
Got sinbinned at one point... try and guess what it was for!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.