Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Don't be afraid it's only nuts and bolts
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car alarm keeps going off randomly,its not the battery as the car can be sat all day and doesn’t do it but then i can get out the car lock it and within a minute its going off,ive done a bit of googling and trying to find out how with my opcom to test the sensors and battery of the sounder also any suggestions on what to start with first

·
Premium Member
1,869 Posts
My car alarm keeps going off randomly,its not the battery as the car can be sat all day and doesn’t do it but then i can get out the car lock it and within a minute its going off,ive done a bit of googling and trying to find out how with my opcom to test the sensors and battery of the sounder also any suggestions on what to start with first
The factory back up battery fails and will keep setting alarm off wry common and can fail that bad can cause a fire in the loom.

Sent from Huawei using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
The garage i took my zafira A to when the alarm kept activating simply removed the power sounder . I didnt find this out for a long time. It was the garage i bought my car from and it was still under warranty and i guess they thought it would be easier and cheaper for them to fix and i would be non the wiser. And i wasnt for a long time .

However the alarm still went off randomly. I managed to trace the fault to the rear side window glass break sensors. I bypassed these by disconnecting the wiring plug from them and putting a big blade fuse in their place. This completed the circuit and stopped the random alarms.

Bill

·
Registered
582 Posts
Afaik there’s an option in opcom/tech2 to shut off the power sounder and put it to the car horn instead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Don't be afraid it's only nuts and bolts
869 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i think i found the problem,nsr window metal tang that the connectors attatch to one was really loose and pulled of with no force the other 3 are not budging,ive bridged the wires now so hopefully sorted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts