Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just bought a zafira 1.9 sri z19dth with suspect blow turbo I have replace turbo. Lots of black smoke like unburnt diesel flashing glow plug on dash no eml though. I have just blanked off the egr valve changed the boost solenoid and cleaned the map sensor with no difference. I don't have enough power to drive up the ramps

They guy I bought it off said he had 2 injectors and glow plugs

Any help will be much appreciated

·
Worn Out Member
6,710 Posts
sounds as though the dpf may be blocked/knackered

Reactions: Rsharp901

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Thanks, I'm not 100% certain I have 1? I have thought of that but when I look online the smoke coming out off mine is so much more. It not unburnt oil because it's pretty instant is there any way I can check if it is dpf? My code reader won't pic up what the flashing coil means although am getting a loan of a delphi on Thursday hopefully

·
Worn Out Member
6,710 Posts
the flashing coil once running shows it's trying to regenerate the dpf,but as someone else has already had a go at the car i guess it may have been knocked through,good luck with the Delphi,never found them much use on vx myself,Opcom is a much better tool for data on vx

Reactions: loffty01

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should I leave the car running then? Will it carry on through the programe? Can delphi do a forced regeneration?

·
Worn Out Member
6,710 Posts
not sure if the Delphi will do a forced regen but i would have thought i would,but if the turbo has put a lot of oil through the dpf it may be beyond saving

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok cheers so pretty certain it's dpf just messaged the guy I bought it from see if he started a forced regen at all.

The nearest motorway from me must be 150 miles away at least am north Scotland

·
Super Moderator
27,033 Posts
Shouldn't blank your EGR if you've got a DPF . You'd have been better removing the DPF & having an EGR delete .

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What's best way to get rid of dpf? Also I thought it may have just been me nit tighten uo exhaust bolts properly but if the car is doing a regen would you get exhaust smoke from engine bay area

·
Premium Member
14,846 Posts
If you got smoke coming from the engine bay then you could have a melted dpf pressure sensor pipe, its located down the back of the engine, this pipe usually melts due to the high back pressure from the dpf which usually means its blocked which in turn will cause your lack of power.

·
Super Moderator
27,033 Posts
What's best way to get rid of dpf? Also I thought it may have just been me nit tighten uo exhaust bolts properly but if the car is doing a regen would you get exhaust smoke from engine bay area
Best way is to have it removed & the EGR deleted & the ECU made to forget it's got one fitted .

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got under the car someone has clearly been at the dpf hammer marks all over but the lamda sensor wasn't in the exhaust shown in picture the bit where to screw it in is snapped off smoke under the bonnet is my bad exhaust to turbo it's leaking there not tightened properly will this sensor not been in exhaust cause these problems

·
Worn Out Member
6,710 Posts
That's not a lambda,but it's where the pressure pipe or temp sensor goes,even if the dpf is still complete inside, it won't regenerate without this being sorted.

·
Worn Out Member
6,710 Posts
The sensor is hanging down so will try do something with it (exhaust paste) then see how it gets on
i'd be amazed if paste holds it,the collar will need welding back as a minimum

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just want to get this smoke eased down so I know I haven't bought a dud if the collar needs welding I'll just be aswell buying new dpf the car isn't driveable amount of smoke coming through

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi I have the Delphi tried todo regen car cuts out still no fault codes did leak of test not sure if am doing something wrong but disconnected fuel run off pipes from top of the injectorss attached the test lines with bottles attached to too of the injectors start it up and I have fuel pouring out of the run of line I disconnected waterfall style engine cuts out but starts back up

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.