Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Astra G Sport Z16XEP "BREAKING"

616 views 3 replies 1 participant last post by  Si_Cosis 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

This was a good runner up until last week, 04 plate, 110K miles, 4 months MOT (no advisories), no warning lights on (ABS light comes as goes, dodgy wiring loom on the wheel sensor). The mrs was pushed off a roundabout by foreign truck and she mounted a raised kerb and smacked the sump. Luckily this was less than a mile away from home, where the car is now releasing all of it's oil on the floor. New sump may fix it, but I haven't looked properly as I have just upgraded to a VXR, so this will be going for scrap before the end of the month (May 2019) as I don't want to insure/tax 2 cars.

Parts will be cheap, I'm really just wanting to try and help out anyone here who needs some spares.

NSF wing is rusted to death from a sh*t Evens Halshaw repair years ago.
Front wiper motor needs reparing.
Back wiper stopped working years ago, replaced wiper motor but no joy. (2 wiper motors available)
Ignition barrel snapped last year so has been replaced with a 2nd hand one
ECU had a fault years ago, stopped sending 5V to the pedal position sensor, picked up a 5V feed from elsewhere and has been fine ever since. (Thank god for the people on these forums :))
Had some EGR issues years ago but it was the manifold blocked not the EGR valve (2 EGR valves available)
Clutch is the original from new, and it is just about to let go.
Gearbox and engine seem fine.

It has a Veccy C air intake fitted,
Irmscher double D back box with a custom made pipe to fit a sleeve fit centre pipe.
standard alloys in good condition with tyres (not sure on the tread, I can check). I can't leave the car on bricks so if the alloys are wanted I'd need your steel wheels.
Spare has rarely been used so has lots of tread.

From memory, in the past few years it has had both front wheel hubs replaced, new shocks, track rod ends done.

I'm not a mechanic, but I will take off any easily accessible part you need if I am able, or alternatively you could come and take off the part you need.

If someone wanted to take the car away they can for £400, it is a non-runner (unless you fancy seeing how far it will drive with no oil in it.)

Will get some pictures up if anyone is interested.

Postcode is PR5, Preston, Lancs.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.