Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

BiTurbo - Smoke out of engine bay during DPF regen

[Insignia] [08-17] 
11K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  cstuebe 
#1 ·
Hi,

I seem to have an issue where I get white smoke (exhaust gas) coming out of the engine bay.

I know it's during the regen as my stationary mpg is 0.7 instead of 0.2. Also, if I stop the engine and restart the smoke stops and my mpg goes back to 0.2.

Ive had it at the garage but they couldn't see anything but it wasn't regenerating so no smoke.

Anyone else had this?

Thinking it may be a split in the flexy maybe?

Thanks

#2 ·
Probably just 'muck' on the outside of the DPF cylinder. It goes into the 100s of degrees to burn the particulates inside and its not insulated much so that heat gets to the outside and burns off damp/salt/tar/plastic/animal bits and anything else that got sprayed on it since lase regen.
Check again when there's no regen going on.

#4 ·
A road drive regen is IMO always better as you get varying flow through the system with changing rpm and load, plus a cooling effect round the exhaust from the passing air-flow - apart from not choking yourself, the cat, dog and spoiling the neighbours washing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.