Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all those that attended and turned the day/ weekend into a good laugh, was a lot of fun. Thanks to Nic aswell for helping with the car parking on site at the last minute after Mark got delayed.

My face is burning at the moment :(

I am sure I speak for Dave and Mark on this one... the standard of our cars on the stand is getting better and better by each show, its never been bad but seems everyone is making that bit more effort to get the cars clean and presentable (which is all we ask).

Think we did ok with our use of the space, but god only knows what we would have done had we had 45 cars for the 45 car passes we booked.

Personal highlights must be Mark and Wannabe getting cracking times on the 0-60 sprint :D Both were very chuffed.

Was good to meet a few new faces, and sorry if I didnt get around to chatting to all - was kinda hectic first thing in the morning and didnt really stop until after lunch.

Oh, and my face if still burning :(

Will be making a point to the organisers of Trax about the lack of tickets, stand space etc seeing as I have just got back to Leeds and there are still NO Trax tickets here. :eh

Face......... it burns :grrr

Oh, and before anyone asks I didn't take a single picture - oops

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
as Matt said, we just make up the numbers. Couldn't have done it without the staff's organisation. :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
well being my first Vxon meet i was nervous about meeting people id only ever talked to on the net, just like to thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome. Im still buzzing from ragging my car round the track, and very glad i got me grubby mits on a pass. Cant wait untill i can come along to the next meet and have a laugh:D

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
Im still buzzing from ragging my car round the track, and very glad i got me grubby mits on a pass.
Were you on my track session? If so I think I have you on Video.

BTW Everyone. I have watched video back and it's good, I need to source firewire cable and i'll post it up.

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Were you on my track session? If so I think I have you on Video.

BTW Everyone. I have watched video back and it's good, I need to source firewire cable and i'll post it up.
out of interest, what happened to you on the last lap? You were ahead of Mark, then on the next lap you'd slowed right down? you seemed to be pretty quick from my vantage point in the stand.

·
Banned
3,233 Posts
out of interest, what happened to you on the last lap? You were ahead of Mark, then on the next lap you'd slowed right down? you seemed to be pretty quick from my vantage point in the stand.
It was an in-lap, I was already flagged to come in. I was simply cooling the car down.

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Thanks to Marc and Dave for organising a great meet :Cool2: My face is burnt as well Marc :( Mark did enjoy helping you wash your car :lmao:

·
15,300 Posts
Remember the sprint times are not that accurate!
They usually print it somewhere on the crap they give you at the gate lol

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
well being my first Vxon meet i was nervous about meeting people id only ever talked to on the net, just like to thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome. Im still buzzing from ragging my car round the track, and very glad i got me grubby mits on a pass. Cant wait untill i can come along to the next meet and have a laugh:D
Glad u enjoyed it buddy! I'll start u a ref folder for it if u haven't already got one. :Cool2:

Good to meet u matey, has that kebab gone through yet.....? :think :bust:

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
a big thanks was a good time ( for the time we were there ) i was realy dissapointed we had to leave but thats kids for ya

thanks again you did a great job

·
Likes this.
11,782 Posts
a big thanks was a good time ( for the time we were there ) i was realy dissapointed we had to leave but thats kids for ya

thanks again you did a great job
What heppened then Laura? I noticed you were there one minute and next time I cam back to the stand you were gone :(

Big thanks to Marc and Dave for everything over the weekend. Especially the extra ticket/track pass, which meant I could still get into the show after Royal Mail f*cked up yet again :grrr

:beer:

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
What heppened then Laura? I noticed you were there one minute and next time I cam back to the stand you were gone :(

Big thanks to Marc and Dave for everything over the weekend. Especially the extra ticket/track pass, which meant I could still get into the show after Royal Mail f*cked up yet again :grrr

:beer:

my youngest has an minor op ( on the nether regions ) and he had heald ok but i think hes seat belt clip had irritated it a bit and it was bleeding enough to concern me so we thought it best to get him home asap :shame:
we got stuck in traffic and it took us 3 hours in the end ( it was a one and a half hour journey there )

but for the sort time we were there a great time was had
good freindly atmosphere so again well done :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts