Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what bhp and torch is the arctic 2 di and how could i get more from it?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh dear thats a misery theres novas kicking out more.
how do i get more does any1 know??

im allso interested in the bhp of other models of anyone knows

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i gave it a look acording to the site the di is 100bhp and can be taken up to 125bhp.. no price as yet

·
Registered
134 Posts
metric321 said:
i gave it a look acording to the site the di is 100bhp and can be taken up to 125bhp.. no price as yet
the low pressure turbo di gives 86 ps and 185 nm of torque
the high pressure turbo gives the 100 ps and around 140 nm torque

there are chips to add 18 ps and 50 nm to the low and 25 ps and 60 ish nm to the high for £380

remember its the torque that gives a car its get up and go and the power that gives it the top end speed
and 185 nm is a pretty good torque number

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so a diesel should have more get up and go than a petrol if thats the case as they have more torque hands down??.. im not sure... but sounds right for the top end of things i suppose for motorways and stuff... so how do i know if iv been fitted a low or high pressure turbo (if one was to be replaced?) for example a dti turbo to a dLi??

·
Registered
134 Posts
i think you said the other day that you have a haynes manual yes ??

in there it tells you the engine code for a low or high pressure engine

it x20 ldi or hdi or some thing like that

i have a sprinter with a tranny 2.5 di in it and it will do 80 mph top end but will pull on with an all up weight of 3.5 tonnes torque is king :)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok thanks, im asking only because i know my Di has had a turbo replaced by a privous owner and he was going on about it being stage 2 or some ****** (i didnt belive him but have since drove other di`s) that makes me wonder could a high pressure turbo be but on a di. (or maybe iv just a got a decent engine as its been very well looked after by the family member i finaly got it from b4 the previous owner)

·
Registered
119 Posts
metric321 said:
so a diesel should have more get up and go than a petrol if thats the case as they have more torque hands down??..

That's often the case. I know that the 1.9 diesel Ford Galaxy has virtually the same 50-70 time as the 2.8 V6 petrol.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ColinAshdown said:
That's often the case. I know that the 1.9 diesel Ford Galaxy has virtually the same 50-70 time as the 2.8 V6 petrol.
i never new that to be honest, but i have allways thought a diesel would cruze allong with less effort than petrol once at a nice speed

1 - 16 of 16 Posts