Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I now there are probably loads of these threads already, but I can't find them.

I am looking for information on the best CD head units to buy for my '99' Vectra 2.0LS Estate.
Ideally, I would still like to use the steering controls which I'm guessing will mean I have to buy adaptors of some kind.
I would also like to be able to plug my mp3 player into it. It is a philips GoGear, but from what I have seen, it seems to use the same connections as an iPod. There are also USB I.C.E. devices out now, too, but I have not heard what they are like

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
Steering wheels controls will need adaptors.

ICE is all down to personal preference and budget. I personally prefer Pioneer units to any others, but others have differing opinions.

Would you want to operate your MP3 player via the headunit or by the MP3 player itself, most new systems these days are coming out with iPod compatibility, sop would guess that to control the external player via the headunit it would have to be an iPod but not 100% on this.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't really want to spen anymore than £150 if I am going to have to buy adaptors. Not really bothered about brands. I don't like JVC. Have had Sony and Kenwood in the past. Also like what I have seen of Panasonic and Pioneer.
Thanks for the replys

·
Registered
308 Posts
i have just replaced my kenwood 5031 with an alpine 9854 whats a bit over your budget @ £170 but worth every penny the only down side to the alpine is if you want both the audio controls and the display working you have to buy the alpine leads what are v.steep at £50-65. but if you want just audio controls you can get an autoleads pc9-x06 and pc99-alp for around £30

have a look at the alpine 9852 what may suit your budget a bit better @ £150 then your need the lead(s) for the audio controls on top so another £30 - 40

http://www.alpine-europe.com/content/english/k351.CD-Head-Units_The-new-lineup.htm

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys I will check it out.
If any of you have had experience with the usb head units, I would be grateful for any info.
Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking at the same sort of area and was wondering if I did buy the pioneer shown above, how would I go about looking for the correct adapters/leads so that it would work with my my audio controls and (if possible) the display as well?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts