Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon.

So after some heavy rain the other day. I lost all my lights on my car. They then started flashing like disco lights even when the car was turned off and locked up!! Found out the BCM has been burnt out due to water. The water had got in through the bulkhead seal. Anyone else had this problem ?

Attachments

·
Worn Out Member
6,160 Posts
Are you certain the water is from the bulkhead seal and not the A/C drain tube ?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
So how deep was the puddle for the water to get up into the bulkhead then drain out through the heater onto you BCM,.... im surprised you never damaged the engine as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It wasn't big at all. I was only going about 10mph through it. I'd say that it was as deep as the centre of my tyre. It was when we had the terrible rain on Sunday. Apperently the water has been getting in the cabin for a while. As one of the metal brackets in centre console is rusted. And the foam was soaked

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I would check the rubber drain from the AC, this will probably be perished and is whats caused the water ingress to allow the bracket to rust, it is a common problem on the Astra J, you wouldn't want to fit a new bcm only for it to fail in a few weeks time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That wouldn't explain the dirt that was on the BCM box.the same muddy dirt that was on the inside of my bonnet and engine cover. !?

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Yeah i know but that aint what rusted your bracket either is it, just check the pipe mate, it takes two minutes and costs nothing or ignore the advice and probably need to replace the bcm again in a few weeks.

·
13,314 Posts
And how on earth could water even get into the PCB if it's in a plastic casing ? And what is this that I've attached ? This was dripping the other day
It's meant to drip, it's the drain to let water escape that has got past the windscreen scuttle plastics. Make sure the flap opens freely.

Reactions: andy_v

·
Worn Out Member
6,160 Posts
There were a couple of bulletins issued for water ingress around heater/ac/wiper linkage,a lot depends on the year of the car as improvements were made in production,although as the cars get older @andyl is now seeing a/c drain hoses starting to perish just to add to the problem
Untitled picture.png
Untitled picture2.png

1 - 17 of 17 Posts