Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have the manual gearbox 2.5 V6 Elite and was looking for a little more performance

I have looked at both superchips and BBR products, the BBR seems to deliver quite a bit more

I did have a star chip many moons ago on a V6 probe and did notice a small improvement in the mid range

Surely an increase from 167bhp to 190bhp (as per the claim) would be more noticeable

Any comments or advice ?

·
Registered
89 Posts
re bbr chip

had one fitted to a astra gsi many moons ago atbh found no difference whatsoever,did notice a difference in performance when i fitted a k+n and a magnex stainless exhaust though, have you tried mtek performance i think the guy who runs it posts on here sometimes,he may have some good advice.

·
Registered
104 Posts
BBR ? SuperChip

Hi,
I have fitted a SuperChip to my Omy MV6 3L Manual, cant honestly say Ive noticed much diference on performance, it seems to roar (noise) more through the gears and it also very slightly pinks sometimes when pulling away. Im convinced however that it gives me more MPG!, get 33 to 36 on a run and 27 to 30 arround town? not bad for a MV6.

I tempted to remove it soon just to convince myself its doing something as I chiped a BMW 325 TDi once and didn't notice much difference untill I removed the chip just before getting rid of the car, any way let us know how you get on.

Regards Chris.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Hi,
I have fitted a SuperChip to my Omy MV6 3L Manual, cant honestly say Ive noticed much diference on performance, it seems to roar (noise) more through the gears and it also very slightly pinks sometimes when pulling away. Im convinced however that it gives me more MPG!, get 33 to 36 on a run and 27 to 30 arround town? not bad for a MV6.

I tempted to remove it soon just to convince myself its doing something as I chiped a BMW 325 TDi once and didn't notice much difference untill I removed the chip just before getting rid of the car, any way let us know how you get on.

Regards Chris.
If its pinking i'd remove it sooner. even on an n/a car pinking is bad.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Tried BBR superchip in several vehicles with socketed EPROMs

Complete waste of money. Nothing Zip Zilch.

Compared the Eprom contents with the original in a Stag programmer - there were a few minor differences, though these didn't result in any performance differences.

Well, they wouldn't - the EMS runs closed-loop, so any changes to the fuelling or timing are re-adjusted by the ECU to correct them.

Best way to genuinely increase performance is to increase air in and gas out. Use a free-flow air filter, appropriate plumbing, a free flow exhaust system and get hold of a well executed oversize throttle body. Magic.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
29,422 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
Surely an increase from 167bhp to 190bhp (as per the claim) would be more noticeable
it certainly would if it made it. i presume they have plenty of RR datd to back that up?
the cheapest/easiest way to get power from the 2.5 is 3.0 cams, exhaust, cool air feed to a panel filter in the standard box and a remap to suit.
should knock you between £500 if you get it all 2nd hand and do it yourself to about £1500 if you just take it in and have new stuff bolted on.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
29,422 Posts
Or better still, just fit a nice new non-clogged paper air filter element.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts