Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have owned the Omega since December 2004 and in this time it has always had a battery drain if left for say 4 or more days without being started. This isn't a problem for me as I use it daily but now I am getting the car ready for selling therefore I wanna eliminate this problem.

I have checked the usual things such as boot light staying on, dirty terminals, etc
I'm not too good with electrics to be honest but the drain between the negative terminal and the negative lead is 0.24 which reduces when I take out fuse number 20. This is the one for central locking, rear heated seats and something else (can't quite remember at the mo).
I took out what I thought was the central locking control unit (part no. 90493865) and this seemed to have the same effect as taking out fuse 20.

I've taken off all four door solenoids individualy and this didn't affect the drain.

Help!

Ps if anyone is interested in buying a 1995 Omega Elite with an electrical problem 125k miles, give me a pm

R

·
0 Posts
PM me what you think someone may actually pay you for the car. I may be interested but I am looking for a cheapy to either strip for parts or maybe restore. Depends on the old looly as usual.

·
Registered
400 Posts
finlay SURE YOU WANT TO RESTORE A OMEGA LOL, ive now got my handfull with two, where do i start, lol. was going to break one but both are far to good to break for parts.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Drops to about 0.08 which seems totally reasonable. Is it definately the central locking unit I am disconnecting?!
Its a plastic box at the right of the drivers footwell. Tons of wires going into it.
Cheers

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Damn!
Is there anything else you suggest I should check such as the leads which connect to this or the actual wiring that goes into each door?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts