Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone? Or at least, does anyone know if there is any difference between a 2013 ana a 2014 renault trafic? Especially the rear doors etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Gut feeling, I think it will fit ok as your is not the new model.....

I'm toying with the idea of having one too and messaged Kira to ask how the pole secures to the doors as the brackets on the VW version are not there on the Vivaro/Trafic, no reply yet although they could still be closed for Xmas, seems like a nice bit of kit and would suit our across the rear kitchen......

If you get one I'd be grateful for you observations....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Gut feeling, I think it will fit ok as your is not the new model.....

I'm toying with the idea of having one too and messaged Kira to ask how the pole secures to the doors as the brackets on the VW version are not there on the Vivaro/Trafic, no reply yet although they could still be closed for Xmas, seems like a nice bit of kit and would suit our across the rear kitchen......

If you get one I'd be grateful for you observations....
Hi there, just to let you know that the one I got does not properly fit a 2014 model. Don't know if there is something different about the rear door sizes or maybe the awning hasn't been cut quite right. However, when the awning is pulled over the tops of the doors it comes away from the van at the other end! A fairly well made product but it has not been made to fit a 2014 Vivaro/Trafic. Also, you are right about the pole. There is nothing to keep it in place and it is not a very tight fit, which means that when you put the velcro straps over the pole and try to put tension on the awning to get it tight, the pole simply moves!!! Overall, I think this product was made for a VW van and has been remarketed to make more sales. I suspect that only the pole is different from the VW version. Hope this helps.

Just had a thought. If you were to buy one of these awnings and wanted to fix the pole in place more firmly, you may want to consider attaching a caster cup at the top of each door. If you search for "caster cup", you'll see what I mean.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Against my better judgement I ordered one of the Barn Door Awnings for my 2012 Trafic, figuring if it was useless I could return it......
Actually I found it works really well, only issue is as stated above, the pole has rubber 'feet' to grip the edge of the doors which doesn't really work very well, I can solve that quite easily though...
Very quick to attach too......
It suits our, across the rear kitchen setup very well...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Against my better judgement I ordered one of the Barn Door Awnings for my 2012 Trafic, figuring if it was useless I could return it......
Actually I found it works really well, only issue is as stated above, the pole has rubber 'feet' to grip the edge of the doors which doesn't really work very well, I can solve that quite easily though...
Very quick to attach too......
It suits our, across the rear kitchen setup very well...
Just wondering how you solved the problem of the pole slipping? The rubber feet protect the paint, but they don't stay in place. Cheers for any tips.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not used in anger yet, I only popped it on to see if I would keep or return it, surprisingly the pole seemed to stay in place ok, I will post agin when I use it properly....shouldn't be difficult to come up with a solution to keep the pole in place though.
I think maybe I would drill a 10mm hole in the centre of the rubber end cap then drill and fit a rivnut where it locates on the door and screw in a cap head allen bolt, for the end cap to locate over......

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not used in anger yet, I only popped it on to see if I would keep or return it, surprisingly the pole seemed to stay in place ok, I will post agin when I use it properly....shouldn't be difficult to come up with a solution to keep the pole in place though.
I think maybe I would drill a 10mm hole in the centre of the rubber end cap then drill and fit a rivnut where it locates on the door and screw in a cap head allen bolt, for the end cap to locate over......
Hi, I've measured the rubber end of the pole and its 35mm. Exactly the same size as a curtain pole flush end fitting. Would be easy to fit and wouldn't be able to move. Hope this might be of help to you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
@Coastalpaddles and anyone else thats interested!

Took the ol bus for spin today to take the photos for DVLA reclassification and while out fitted the Bar Door Awning

First it has to be tight as you can get it where it fits into the rain channel at the top of the door aperture, then fit the fabric over the top of the doors and tension with the bungees which fit into the door locks

The pole will then fit between the tops of the doors and are secured by the velcro flaps that wrap round the poles.......its a neat little awning.....

PHOTOS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts