Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few tips from my experience of fitting timing belt on b20dth. I am currently being treated for a disease that caused muscle wastage and couldn't get the belt on the tensioner. So I set crank about 2 mm below the oil pump hole and when ready to fit it to tensioner turned crank to tension between crank and cam. The refitted crank lock to ensure lined up. Had 3 sets of instructions re cam position with bolts loosened. One was bolts to the left most of slots when facing cam. One was locking pin left most in its slot. Other was bolts middle of their slot which worked for me. Watch fingers setting fuel pump it can spring round suddenly. Lift engine enough to get engine mount in out past the body. Remove mounting prior to serpent belt makes it easier. States cam pin slot at 11 o'clock. For tdc. Looks more like 11.45 to me make sure pin fully in. Instructions state remove road wheel and inner wheel cover, I didn't no problems from above just sore back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi I've just done my belt and yes the cam sprocket springs....the problem I have is when this happend the fuel sprocket moved one or two clockwise and I never marked it stupidly.
Anyway it's all back together it starts 1st time but may have lost a touch of power or it could be me.If there was anything majorly wrong it would come up as an error?many thanks Dai
I have a B20DTH 170bhp

1 - 2 of 2 Posts