Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marks_DTM_Calib and Matchless noticed my MV6 had aux pump and cruise, something some people had been wanting piccies of. If those piccies are still reqd, I will get out there in daylight and take them....

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
I would be extremely grateful if you could take those photos - I've been trying to find out how they live together for quite a while.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Any joy with the camera yet? Theres quite a queue of folks waiting with baited spanners on your result!! :lmao:

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
I can tell you that it is a slightly different bracket that is screwed to the cruise mounting bracket using the screws that hold the cruise module in place.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Oh no - that doesn't describe the thing I've ordered from Vauxhall very well :shame:

The EPC shows a round rubber collar with two bolt studs poking out. I'd imagined having to drill two holes in the front of the cruise module bracket to fit the pump bracket to - if that makes any sense.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hotel21 said:
Any joy with the camera yet? Theres quite a queue of folks waiting with baited spanners on your result!! :lmao:
Sorry for delay, I was busy fixing my central heating yesterday - why does it only pack up when its cold outside :grrr

I will get out there today....

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Long time ago since I fitted the cruise though, but I do vaguely remember some small snag...

Now I think about it, I seem to remember before cruise being fitted, the bracket that mounts the coolant pump was bolted to the studs used to mount the cruise on the inner wing, and I just moved it and bolted to the cruise bracket.

·
Premium Member
382 Posts
Thanks for pic. Hope to give this a go over the next handfull of days so will get back to you.

Looks straightforward enough - piggyback onto the cruise carrier - but, after all, it is an Omega so anythings possible!! :lmao:

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
But where did that bracket come from?

Looks quite a bit different to the one that is there now and doesn't look like the picture on the EPC....

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The bracket that the cruise actuator sits in came with the cruise from a 3.0l Elite. I seem to recall that the bracket that the pump attaches to was bolted directly to the inner wing studs before cruise fitted.

What part of mine looks odd, the cruise bracket or the pump bracket? I could try and remove and take some piccies of the 'odd' bracket if that would help (probably not until Sunday though)

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
I think the pictures should be enough for me to be going on with.

I have a pump bracket waiting for me at the dealers - so I'll pick that up and see what I have there.

What's strange is that the bracket for the aux pump doesn't look like the one I have bolted to the wing at the moment and it doesn't look like the 'alternative' part on the EPC.

However seeing what you have should allow me to at least modify one or the other to achieve the desired effect.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Looks very similar to the pump bracket fitted to my car, which was also mounted to the wing where the cruise goes. I had to bend mine a bit but eventually got it on, ended up sharing the same bolt holding both the cruise module and the pump, works fine - which is more than I can say for the cruise, completely dead so the whole effort was a waste of time!

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Right - I got the bracket. It wasn't right - well there was nothing to attach it to.

Anyway with all these photos I came up with something that seems reasonable.

So it's all installed, plugged in, cable adjusted, new clutch switch........nothing just like PaulM.

Tried disconnecting the battery for a few mins. Checked the fuse - it's shared with loads of other things.

I'll post the pics at some point but right now I'll be in fault finding mode :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts