Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I know the answer as it's not on the list of audio inputs...... Do I have an aux lead on the back of the unit I haven't found the other end anywhere near the handbrake. Head unit is cd30 with no MP3 capability

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
13,840 Posts
Don't think the non Mp3 version has the aux outputs.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trying to work out what I can look at doing maybe finding a paired screen and MP3 unit and aux cable

·
13,840 Posts
Just check the aux pins are populated on the head unit before you buy anything.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a pin out so I can check tomorrow

·
13,840 Posts
Usually on the top of the unit at the back there is a label with the pin out diagram.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Fixed the lack of aux input on my old Astra H by fitting a second hand Alpine radio. The radio was £40, dash adapter £10 the connects2 lead/canbus adapter another £50.
Much better radio with aux, usb and a bluetooth hands free.
The phone handsfree was awkward to make calls but worked very well when it came to recieving calls. Easy to accept or reject calls.
In my opionion a better bet than an mp3 cd30.
:)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Yes. The canbus box conects to the radio and allows the steering wheel buttons to control the radio. You can adjust the time and see the fuel consumption figures. Error messages are also displayed.
The Alpine radio I used has a "steering wheel remote" function/connector.
You dont get all the fancy engine temperature stuff (BC button) but I didn't miss them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's something I will consider but I'd like to keep the look original if possible..... Here's the pinout don't look like there is an aux input...... Gong through the sound menu I found ext volume in though

·
13,840 Posts
This is what you need to have.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK I've been looking at this item on ebay

Now if I wanted to change my interior trim from silver to black how do I remove the radio surround?

OR

Is it possible to remove the front panel from the head unit (black to silver) and then just install the radio and display

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
In that case I found one for the same price with a GID and just need the front facia swapping

·
Registered
698 Posts
I’m in the same position, just need a cd70 that’s been tech2’d, bought the screen and headunit but the plug was bust off the circuit board so it fubar, and going to swap the faces, did it before on a cd30 from silver to black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 20 Posts