Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 2009 corsa automatic. When starting the car the gearbox is difficult to get it out of park. It takes several attempts, with me turning car off and restarting repeatedly.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
First and easiest thing to check.
Lift the leather gaitor and check nothing has fallen into the track. Slide forward n back to see.
Then see if the button push that lifts the securing pin lifts decently. Some can jam inside the handle stopping pin from lifting so you think it’s mechanism when nice n simple.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this. I pulled the plastic cover up and it looks like the securing pin is not moving when the break is applied. normally this would move to enable you to take it out of park, but when you apply he break - its not!

I was able to release it by manually prising down on the yellow lever/button ner the gearbox, but dont want to have to do that every time! Worst thing is nobody wants to know as soon as I mention its an automatic! I think Ill have to take it to vauxhall (thurlow nunn in norwich) but they will charge £74 just to carry out diagnostic checks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi all, I have a 2009 corsa automatic. When starting the car the gearbox is difficult to get it out of park. It takes several attempts, with me turning car off and restarting repeatedly.

Has anyone had a similar problem?

Many thanks
what may/can sometimes cause this is the brake ,which you apply when starting up, stop switch as this is linked direct to the solenoid that releases the park position,if the switch is not contacting when depressed as it slides down the tube untill it reaches the bottom, get someone to look at the brake lights when you apply it, are they on or flickering ? happened to me some years ago and this fixed it with a new stop switch

·
Registered
28 Posts
what may/can sometimes cause this is the brake ,which you apply when starting up, stop switch as this is linked direct to the solenoid that releases the park position,if the switch is not contacting when depressed as it slides down the tube untill it reaches the bottom, get someone to look at the brake lights when you apply it, are they on or flickering ? happened to me some years ago and this fixed it with a new stop switch
has there been any action on the fault ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts