Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Possibly usefull information for any members in the north hampshire / berkshire area: I have finally had good service from a vauxhall dealer!

Over the past year, I've used the J Davy Vauxhall dealer in Basingstoke a number of times - MOT, yearly service, and a failed power steering pump. Each time they were quick, friendly, kept me in touch, and never, ever tried to fit any parts without my permission.

What a contrast to my usual experience with a VX dealer. My driver's side door still rattles from the time I got the driver's door solenoid replaced at Picador Vauxhall (Chandler's Ford). They also broke a small piece of interior trim, and then tried to hide it. When I complained, the blonde bint on reception got very irate that I dared question their professionalism!:grrr

·
Registered
206 Posts
They do exist there just very hard to find. Using Vauxhalls service network is a little bit like using the National Health Service, all things are possible. Occasionally very good, some times average and frequently terrible.
Still at least your car can't catch MRSA.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have been recommended Goldsmith & Allcorn in Heathfield, East Sussex near me and they have proved to be very good so far... They do indeed exist..

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi,

If you live near the Heathrow area may I recommend Monorep - http://www.monorep.co.uk/.

I am VERY fussy about where I go and who looks at my car - I have owned an Astra, Cavalier and Omega and used this dealer for all three vehicles (although I did most work myself on the Astra - happy days lots of room to wield spanners and no management system).

Monorep are always professional, genuinely care about what they do and I have never had cause for any real complaint (apart from tightning the sump plug up too much (I do my own oil changes every 3K) although this can hardly be described as serious)).

They also do MOTs and are "gentle" with the car - the only place I would trust unattended!! I took a car away from a garage mid test once!!!!

So, further proof that good dealers exist.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Sump plug too tight? Don't on Senny 6s ally sump easy to strip thread.Can be fixed without helicoil but not recommended. Bit off thread sorry.Jerry

·
Registered
144 Posts
What I mean is that the plug is too tight to undo without jacking the car up as I can't get enough leverage on the socket. It is not tight enough to strip the tread in the sump, but this is a cavalier I am talking about so no ally to worry about.

However, sump nuts and oil filters do not need to be tightened with great force - I look after 5 vehicles and never do - just "nip them up" and I have never had a leak.

This point aside, I still think that they are a good dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Alas, I cannot recommend Evans Halshaw/Crownhill Vauxhall in Milton Keynes, or Camden in Aylesbury. Bridge Motors in Banbury are better, but still could be better.

(These are service depts I'm talking about - all these have quite good parts dept)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts