Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im sick n tired of being a factory monkey.
have been doing it for 11 years and, although i wont ever moan about others working in factories, im getting pissed off that i havent done more with myself.

now, i have been pushing lin forward in her career and now decided i need to do something with myself before i get left behind.

i have looked at the prospectus for my local college for part time courses, but theres nothing that really takes my fancy.

so where do i turn now??

i catn afford to give up full time work, but the shifts i work means a part time course is more than managable.
i also couldnt survive on apprentice or training money.

so, anyone any idea where i look now?
cheers

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
can you not move into management in your factory, come off the floor or do you already do this in the factory

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
kev25v6 said:
can you not move into management in your factory, come off the floor or do you already do this in the factory

bloody hell mukka.

it takes 2 years for them to be happy you can do the lowest of the low job.

would hate to think how long i would have to be there to get promotion.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
If its money youre after become a doorman, Im work just over 15quid an hour for 8 hours Friday & Saturday all being well £900 a month after tax for 2 nights work a week is not bad atall! we have spoken about the advantages ;) but then again my own story at the club also shows the dissadvantages, and even that amount of money isnt enough to keep me there.

Do you like driving? if so go for that.

Or if you like being ****ed about by an employer even when you do youre job properly AND you like being a minority in youre work place and English isnt the common language.... I hear ASDA are top notch :lmao:

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
ateotd depends how much your earning atm,

if ure only earning a smallish wage you could prob afford to look elsewhere atart at the bottom and work your way up,
if ure looking for a high wage to begin with then will need to go to college/uni,

what sort of wage do you "need" to start with?

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, i am currently on circa £17k a year working 4 days a week.

its not that its a bad job/bad paid job i just feel i am wasting myself because i dropped out of college.
was doing a business course, but that kind of thing doesnt overly interest me.
have looked at plumbing courses, as there is a shortage, but they cost £2.5k for a fortnight course.
looked into my hgv 1+2 courses, but dont think i could drive everyday anymore, cuz im not a big fan of traffic.

andim not sure what i actually want to do.
just need a course to JUMP out at me, if you know.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LSI said:
If its money youre after become a doorman, Im work just over 15quid an hour for 8 hours Friday & Saturday all being well £900 a month after tax for 2 nights work a week is not bad atall! we have spoken about the advantages ;) but then again my own story at the club also shows the dissadvantages, and even that amount of money isnt enough to keep me there.

Do you like driving? if so go for that.

Or if you like being ****ed about by an employer even when you do youre job properly AND you like being a minority in youre work place and English isnt the common language.... I hear ASDA are top notch :lmao:
have considered door work more than once, but seems more trouble than its worth, and im not a bloke who like conflict, so wouldnt really suit.

and my bro used to work at asda over here as a trolley porter, and they are no better.

i am considering aldi, cuz they get silly money for the job they do (circa £10 an hour)

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Another problem with door work is alot of places will be farily insistant on the way you look, IE clean shaven, and short hair etc.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nuts on a pushbike!!! lol

seriously tho.
the amount of knobbers that are artound i wouldnt be interested in doing it atm.

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well, im gonna pop into the job centre and the CAB tomorrow, see what they say is on offer.

·
Premium Member
13,307 Posts
i did reatil for 8 yrs got nvq level 2 in retailand promoted as far as store level could was offered higher rank in another store but money was not gonna cover petrol and so i left b&Q and did another job for a yr for 3k a yr more then left that became a security guard and now earn a nice sum.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts