Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
So I've managed to get OpCom working and these are what I have after a full scan:

Computer Personal computer Laptop Font Handwriting
Computer Output device Personal computer Gadget Computer monitor accessory
Computer Personal computer Netbook Output device Laptop
Hood Automotive lighting Grille Rectangle Wood
Hood Grille Netbook Output device Computer
Grille Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

There are 4 codes for the REC and I do have water ingress within the left brake light, so I'm thinking the problem may be there. This is the first time I've had to decipher these kind of codes tbh.

·
16,456 Posts
What comes back after you clear them all down?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've got an auto electrician sitting and looking at it now, annoyingly on the day I made some progress with opcom, but I'll report back.

·
Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 AT Z18XE AF17
730 Posts
If P1614 and P1616 are Present, car won’t start. Usual cim or key problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
If P1614 and P1616 are Present, car won’t start. Usual cim or key problem.
Yeah, I'm hoping it's something else that's just interfering. I don't get the horn malfunction. Other people get the same codes and it comes down to a loose earth somewhere.

Electrician has looked at it, REC seems fine. He's wired in a bulb to switch on near the instrument cluster and a bulb to connect up on the rec if the bulb at the front flickers with the dash. All codes are cleared and none have come back as the fault hasn't returned for now. He's due back after a call but seeing what happens in the meantime.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
So the dash was flickering this morning. Got the usual situation of flickering dash, turning headlights on turns on dash and enables me to start the car if the flashing spanner doesn't happen. Flashing spanner aka immobiliser fault will go away when it feels like it. I was able to start the car even with the dash flickering.

Either way, I needed the problem to test these bulbs the electrician temporarily wired in. Bulb on dash stayed on while dash was flickering. Bulb in rear also stayed solid. According to electrician this means the problem is in the dash/steering column. I'm hoping it's not the CIM, basically, but obviously it could be and that's what I suspected all those months ago. Just bizarre that having my head unit disconnected has cured the problem for 6 months and now it's back. A faulty IPC wouldn't be terrible and too expensive.

As the problem returned I cleared all the codes down and read everything that came back with opcom:

Font Material property Parallel Screenshot Rectangle
Azure Rectangle Font Operating system Screenshot
Font Material property Display device Gadget Technology
Personal computer Rectangle Font Technology Display device
Computer Personal computer Rectangle Font Display device

As always, ignore the glow plug code. I snapped it myself like a prick ages back and it's a problem for another day. And I know I'm kind of posting constant updates with barely any progress but hopefully if I document everything properly this thread might help someone down the line.

·
16,456 Posts
No problem with the updates but can I suggest you post pictures of the laptop screen and not the screen with keyboard because then the information on the screen will be easier to see.
Or use the snipping tool to do proper screen shots.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Which modules reports no comm with IPC? CIM will tell IPC to go to sleep, so I would not blame the IPC in this car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It's the UEC and REC that have reported no communications with IPC. I'm assuming this is because the IPC is basically not connected as far as they're concerned. When I say it's flickering I mean it's off with very sporadic flickers off life.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Ipc just follows commands from cim. Its cim which does havoc on canbus.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts