Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an astra 2.2 running z22se, my old vectra snapped and I don't want it happening to this car, but I hear it developing.

I'm going to buy a timing chain kit, is there anything else I should be getting swapped while that's off?

I'm hearing about a balancer chain kit, but I don't even know what it balances, is this something that will need replaced too?

·
I refuse to grow up.
15,991 Posts
Don't buy cheap chain kits! Buy a genuine late issue kit as it will come with a modified oil jet and tensioner. The balancer shaft is a seperate shaft that rotates with the crankshaft to yes... Balance the engine and make it smoother.

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So how do i choose a quality part? This one is £120 includes gears, chain, tensioner, bolts and gaskets... No mention of anything else.

·
I refuse to grow up.
15,991 Posts
Try the dealer. For these and the YH version I never buy aftermarket kits. The dealer kits use the tensioner from the Z20NET engine and is known to last longer. By the way the balancer shaft has it's own chain kit. In other words there are 2 chains lurking about behind the timing case cover :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.