Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Was wondering if anybody can help me. Recently while I have been driving my steering wheel seems to vibrate heavily. It is kind of a jerky movement from side to side. The car runs fine but I can feel it vibrate heavily when I drive. Was wondering if anybody had any ideas of what it could be? Do I need to get tracking done? The car is a Astra G 2001 1.6 16v.

Thanks for your help guys.

·
Premium Member
13,088 Posts
have you hit a kirb?,it could also be warped brake disk's, a buckled wheel,a loose wheel
or something loose,or bent on the suspention

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Balancing or even low tyre pressure. Failing that get the tracking looked at.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys. I'm going to get the balancing done next week and also the tracking cos I have a half price voucher to get it done. I will report back next week. Cheers guys.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Get the tyre pressures done first .. only costs 20p at the most.

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
shop around for the tracking 1st, a lot of places dont charge you to check the tracking, they only charge you if it needs adjusting, at least that way if it wasnt out, you dont waste any money

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
shop around for the tracking 1st, a lot of places dont charge you to check the tracking, they only charge you if it needs adjusting, at least that way if it wasnt out, you dont waste any money
Do both :D Check the pressures on the way to the tracking station.

·
Premium Member
17,458 Posts
Hi all

Was wondering if anybody can help me. Recently while I have been driving my steering wheel seems to vibrate heavily. It is kind of a jerky movement from side to side. The car runs fine but I can feel it vibrate heavily when I drive. Was wondering if anybody had any ideas of what it could be? Do I need to get tracking done? The car is a Astra G 2001 1.6 16v.

Thanks for your help guys.
You could try swapping your front wheels over to the back. If prob improves you then know you've got a wheel/tyre prob. At a guess I'd say you need your wheels rebalancing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey guys thanks for all the advice. Finally done it. Changed a tyre and got it all balanced and its all sorted now. Thanks for everyone's help. Always nice to learn something new :D Great forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.