Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I converted my astra van to a Z20 ran spot on other than a faulty MAF.

Used it for work for 2 weeks then parked it up to use my car for a week, when I went back to using the van it wouldn't start.

Since completion I've never been able to connect to the engine ECU, ABS or CIM. It did however start, drive and stop as should until the above. I've been told the CIM seems ok as it doesn't show the usual faults ie horn, steering controls, wiper etc etc. I've been using Delphi and OpCom to try connect.

So basically now for some reason it will turn over but not start, there's fuel getting there but no go... Also after trying to turn it over if you got out and touched the car you got a shock! So there must be a bad earth or a live shorted somewhere?

Electrics have never been my strong point tbh but I want to learn and tbh I'm on a shoe string because I've pushed my luck paying my wedding off that's in a few months so I can't afford to pay someone.

Can anyone give me any pointers where to start out? Any usual culprits?

Thanks Jono

·
Premium Member
15,536 Posts
Can you do a Canbus test at the obd port using a MM, see what reading you get. Also test you have power and grounds at the relevant pins of the obd port as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you do a Canbus test at the obd port using a MM, see what reading you get. Also test you have power and grounds at the relevant pins of the obd port as well.
Yeah I'll get that done when I'm home Friday morning.

Sure I've screenshot from another topic how to check.

·
Premium Member
15,536 Posts
Loads of videos on Youtube showing how its done, you set the MM to resistance and then connect the meter to pins 6 Can H and 14 Can L using the meter probes, you should have 60 ohms,
power is at Pin 16 and chassis and signal grounds are at pins 4 and 5

1 - 6 of 6 Posts