Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I need some help, my car has 4 error codes which are p0597 which is stuck thermostat open which I’m gonna be replacing or trying to fix in the future but that doesn’t bother it. The others are 0110 , 0365 , 0170. Now the car runs perfectly fine apart from in like gear 2 feels like it jutters a bit and it uses a lot of fuel. It’s recently had full service and had new camshaft sensor installed. On a cold start I have power and feels like normal but when it heats up I literally have no acceleration it’s so slow when I put my foot down... I’m not sure what this could be please does someone have any advice? Personally I think it could be the camshaft solenoid or somert but I don’t know 😂

·
Worn Out Member
7,357 Posts
With those codes i'm guessing this is an XER engine,
the P0597 description is a bit misleading,it will be the map controlled heater in the stat (or wiring) causing the code to set,
which cam sensor did you change ? you have 2 and the code refers just to the exhaust one

·
Super Moderator
15,626 Posts

any fault related :unsure:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
With those codes i'm guessing this is an XER engine,
the P0597 description is a bit misleading,it will be the map controlled heater in the stat (or wiring) causing the code to set,
which cam sensor did you change ? you have 2 and the code refers just to the exhaust one
yes it’s the Z18XER engine and I’m inexperienced when it comes to cars where is map controlled heater? And I changed the camshaft position sensor in the front of the engine at the right of it

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also what could the 0110 be it’s a fuel trim Mail function I think it means it’s running lean but have no idea how to fix it now the engine light came on a couple week ago but went off couple days ago and hasn’t come back on?? 😂

·
Registered
50 Posts
For the p0597 code - start your car up, and fell the big hose going from the thermostat down to the radiator. If it gets hot quickly - the thermostat is stuck open. The hose should remain cold till the coolant reaches 105 degrees - at which point the thermostat will open and the hose will become warm.

Same thing happened to mine - and change of thermostat with a new genuine one solved it. It will use more fuel as if stuck open the engine will not reach operating temperature

1 - 6 of 6 Posts