Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have 1998 Astra G the central locking stopped working, took the key to locksmith who tested it and said its not working, he put new battery in and tested again and said now its working, somehow knew it wouldn't be that easy as tried new battery couple of months back, tried on car still wont lock, did the re sync,key in, ignition on ect.., no joy, central locking does work with key in lock, any suggestions were i go from here as i now know its not the key.
I think the Astra H had problems with key out of the ignition it some times would not lock because ignition was still sending signal that the key was still in ignition,does the Astra G have this function ,because i did change the ignition barell a while back, the remote central locking did work after this but gave up a short time after. thanks

·
11,949 Posts
If the ignition switch is sticking the car will still think the key is in the barrel and not let you lock using the remote. If the radio is on does it go off when you take the key out?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No radio stays on with key out, have to turn it off manually, central locking works with key.

·
11,949 Posts
Sounds like the ignition switch at the bottom of the barrel is sticking then.

·
11,949 Posts
Better to use a proper lock lubricant, though to be fair I sprayed mine with WD40 when it played up and never had a problem since.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tried the WD40, no joy, dont really want to spend money on it, will have to use the key.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Connected opcom to it and got this,

OP-COM 100219a - PC based diagnostic toolhkj
OP-COM - KW82 Communication Window> 1998|Astra-G|Body|Central Door Lock
KW82 protocol initialized.
ECU ID= CE,90560112,3396,3296,1998,001,1,
Total number of fault codes: 1
00023 - Remote-Key 3 Not Synchronized
Not present,

Take it means my key is not synch

·
11,949 Posts
It also tells you the fault is not present so clear it down and see if it comes back.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts