Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here today, just browsing Google to see if anyone else has the same issue I do and I came across the site.

I have an Astra Club Estate, 1.3 Diesel. Its a 58 reg and I picked it up at the beginning of December. Its a fleet car too.

Day after I got it, I had to travel up to Sheffield. First long journey I had done in it. Outward journey fine, but just approaching a petrol station before hitting the motorway to come back I had a problem. Going round a mini roundabout, the doors all unlocked, the hazards came on, the internal light came on and the air bag light lit up.

Stopped for diesel, switched hazards off. Get back in and can lock the doors too, but the internal light and air bag light stay on. All the way home for 2 hours these lights are on. When I get home its too late to take to a garage, so phone the fleet company and they send an AA guy out who does a battery reset and the lights go off. They don't trust us to so much as change a wiper blade, let alone disconnect the battery.

So I take to the dealership next day as instructed and they find nothing. AA guy suspects the battery terminals weren't tight enough.

So 6 weeks on, a few hundred yards from home it happens again..on a Sunday afternoon so again dealership not open. Another AA guy comes out and suspects its the BCU (not a clue...not car minded at all). Dealership had it from Monday morning up until an hour ago and still can't find anything.

Is this familiar to anyone? Hope someone can help, otherwise I'll just have to hope it happens again during business hours of the dealership and I'm close by.

Thanks in advance.

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
Hi its a can-bus related 'crash response' - you have a loose wire somewhere or a loose plug - throw it at vauxhall under warrenty
cheers
Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks..i did mention to one of the AA guys that it was like the car thought I'd had a crash based on the resulting lights and door unlocking.

I'm gonna get onto the Fleet people tomorrow and get them to organise it this time.

Thanks for your help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.