Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have a problem with Mrs' drivers door lock. The issue started when she started the car to defrost it, closed the door with the engine running, when she went back to it all of the doors were locked. Anyway opened it with the spare set and all seemed fine.
Since then the drivers door will not usually lock or unlock on the key fob button, I believe it does at times. Also, putting the key in the drivers door does nothing, it's as if it's snapped or the motor is dead although I haven't got the door card off to see whats actually behind there yet.
Hopefully you guys have the answer :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What operates the locking mechanism when you operate the lock using the manual key? I've seen a couple of posts regarding the wiring breaking where it enters the door which seems feasible regarding the lock not working using the key fob however I'm not sure that would explain why the manual key in the lock wouldn't work to open or lock, if only the individual lock and not the central locking as a whole.
If that makes sense?

·
Super Moderator
27,938 Posts
IMG_0432.JPG
Start by checking the wiring loom coming out from the A pillar , most likely to be some broken wires in that loom.

Reactions: andy_v

·
Super Moderator
27,938 Posts
Thanks Fred, that might explain the intermittent nature, sometimes they'll make contact. Why will the key in the lock not work?
when the wires break , yes sometimes they connect briefly to allow door to open/ lock but they can also touch each other causing more than just the one door not to work as i think you've already found out . The key in door will only lock / unlock if the electrical signal can get around , if the loom has broken wires that would interrupt that signal from going to the other doors .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when the wires break , yes sometimes they connect briefly to allow door to open/ lock but they can also touch each other causing more than just the one door not to work as i think you've already found out . The key in door will only lock / unlock if the electrical signal can get around , if the loom has broken wires that would interrupt that signal from going to the other doors .
I see, that makes sense. Thank you very much! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.