Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought myself a TPMs relearn tool for my Astra K. The one I've bought is an EL-50448. Costs under a tenner. Otherwise it's a possible trip to the dealers to have them reset if required or decent tyre shop.
Just posting for future info purposes.
71IHx649p2L._SY355_.jpg

·
Worn Out Member
6,066 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Worn Out Member
6,066 Posts
The K has rubber valves that look like standard ones at a glance,GM don't do a stainless replacement but you can buy new valves rather than a complete sensor,
here's the page from EPC for your reference
Untitled picture.png

·
Premium Member
14,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The K has rubber valves that look like standard ones at a glance,GM don't do a stainless replacement but you can buy new valves rather than a complete sensor,
here's the page from EPC for your reference View attachment 64993
Thanks for the info(y)
When I fit my winter wheels with sensors fitted, will I have to relearn those to my vehicle? Presumably the jobby I've bought should do the job? Following instructions from the owners manual.
A neighbour owns a BM 3 series, said he can relearn his valves from the dash, no need for any special tool.
Cheers.

·
Worn Out Member
6,066 Posts
It's a quite straightforward job,you can start the learning from the dash,then activate each sensor in turn (n/s/f,o/s/f,o/s/r,n/s/r)
the indicators flash on the corners to guide you round the car.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Will this work on a 2010 insignia?
I have the tpms on it but 1 ended up ruined after a trip to get a puncture fixed so it's got a normal 1 for now. Would I have to buy another genuine VX valve to be compatible with the other 3?

·
Worn Out Member
6,066 Posts
The Insigmia ues the auto learn system so the tool is no use to you,
you need to replace the standard valve with the correct auto learn one then carry out the auto learn proceedure
Auto Learn („UJN“)
 Prior to carrying out a learn drive, the vehicle has to be left standing still for 20 minutes with ignition off (sensors go into sleep mode)
 Perform a learn drive of app. 10 minutes in a speed range between 25 to 60 mph.
 As a rule, sensors are recognized within a few minutes and the tyre pressures are displayed in the Driver Information Centre (DIC)
 For vehicles from model year 2014, the correct allocation of sensors must be done within 10 minutes, otherwise TPMS telltale is flashing after this time and fault codes must be checked (Adam, Cascada)
 On vehicles before model year 2014, it may take up to 20 minutes, until a fault is detected. If within 15 consecutive ignition cycles no successful learning process could be performed, the message "Winter Mode" will appear in the Driver Information Centre (DIC) and dashes (---) will be displayed instead of the pressure.
If the winter mode is detected, TPMS is disabled

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's a quite straightforward job,you can start the learning from the dash,then activate each sensor in turn (n/s/f,o/s/f,o/s/r,n/s/r)
the indicators flash on the corners to guide you round the car.
hello there,
I’m new here in forum, I’ve just seen you message with regards to learning through the dash.
My car got replace the wheels from steel wheels from alloy wheels. Took the pressure sensor from the old wheels and put in the new wheels. Now, warning light on the dash. Is there any way, I can relearn through the dash?
Or do I need to buy the tool to relearn the wheels?

hope to hear from you soon! Many thanks

·
Worn Out Member
6,066 Posts
You initiate the process from the car (see your handbook) then you need the tool to learn the individual sensors to the car

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've just bought myself a TPMs relearn tool for my Astra K. The one I've bought is an EL-50448. Costs under a tenner. Otherwise it's a possible trip to the dealers to have them reset if required or decent tyre shop.
Just posting for future info purposes.
View attachment 64977
Hello there,
have you managed to relearn your wheels using this tool without any issue? I’m planning to buy as well for my Vauxhall Astra K 2016. Please let me know if this ok so that I can go a head buying this one. Thanks

·
Worn Out Member
6,066 Posts
The tools work fine i've done a variety of Vauxhalls with mine,
did you look through the other thread on here ?

·
Premium Member
14,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hello there,
have you managed to relearn your wheels using this tool without any issue? I’m planning to buy as well for my Vauxhall Astra K 2016. Please let me know if this ok so that I can go a head buying this one. Thanks
Yes it worked fine, don't go very cheap though, I bought one at first from China and when it finally arrived, didn't work. I then received a refund and bought one from a U.K eBay seller. All worked well.
I don't have a K now, gone back to a late model J without tmps sensors:ROFLMAO:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts