Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a 2013 astra. Travelling home from work the rear wiper just started going. The fault is totally random. When I first started car yesterday it all worked fine and controlled by switches. Drove round the corner and the wiper starts going itself again. Sometimes 3 wipes then stops. Then goes constantly. Drove home from work tonight and it went constantly. When it does that, none of the rear wiper controls work. It has a mind of its own. When it does stop going. Sometimes the control switches don't work, so no washer, no wipe and no intermittent wipe.

I've changed fuse and made no difference. Pretty sure its not the relay. Its definitely not the wiper motor as I've swapped them with my Dad's astra and made no difference.

Is this a computer fault or could it be something else.

Please help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The reason I don't think its switch is because it would be the small switch at the end of the wiper lever AND the lever itself as neither work.

·
Premium Member
15,442 Posts
Check the wiring which is inside the rubber boot that runs from the boot lid to the roof, open the boot and you will see it at the top, just pull the rubber boot back, the wires normally wear, snap and short together causing strange things like this to happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts