Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am a new owner of Asta J 1.6 CDTI ecoflex sports tourer (MY 2015) 109K miles. Driving style is quite moderate, I try and keep revs below 2K

When I first had the car I was getting fairly good economy (low to mid 50s) , but now I am lucky if I get mid 30s. This is calculated MPG, not displayed, displayed is early 40s. Basically £20 only gives me about 108 miles.

I have had a full service done on the car, the fuel filter was quite bad and one of the rear brakes was binding a little, but since the service nothing has improved.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or has anyone got any idea what the cause may be?

Richard

·
Premium Member
14,830 Posts
When I had this engine I averaged around 54mpg during the duration of ownership.
A binding brake would reduce your mpg. During the winter months your mpg would reduce a bit too. Have you checked your tyre pressures?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've the same engine. I'm getting about 55mpg on a run and about 39/42 mpg round the doors. Have you thought about a carbon clean? I had my previous car done and noticed the mpg went up by 4/5 mpg and the performance aswell maybe something to think about.

·
3,073 Posts
Get someone who knows what his doing, to check live data, check your inlet manifold and egr side... This engine is notorious for clogged inlet.

Ps going low revs under 2k is not going to help mpg on a diesel but severe under revving creates all sorts of things stuck or clogged... Do not drive under minimum rpm that provides the specs torque...

·
Super Moderator
26,585 Posts
So since the service & brakes stuck issue , is the car any better ?

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
The fact the J weights the equivalent of a small tank then that may have something to do with it.
Our 1.4 is terrible but it’s very reliable (touch’s wood)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've got same engine in a Zafira Tourer. Been doing mainly short journeys over last year or so. Getting around 45.5mpg according to trip counter. Good runs I suspect close to 60mpg. Done 110k, oil and filter get changed every 5k.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts