Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to this. Can anyone tell me the procedure for replacing an engine control unit on an Astra J using vaux com. I have Delphi also but no function in it. Done plenty of Astra H but not getting the same options for Astra J, TIA.

·
13,110 Posts
What version of Vauxcom are you using?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's 131223d I'll have to check again to make sure it keeps telling me there is no updates but found this last nite 120309a is that the latest version?

·
13,110 Posts
The latest is the one showing in my signature, 160115a but unless you have a genuine Vauxcom you will not be able to run that version.
Coverage on the J is patchy at best, but better in the later versions.

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh it is the genuine one I'll download the latest software separate and try. Is it the same procedure as the Astra H.

·
13,110 Posts
If it is a genuine one (which would have cost upwards of £600) then the built in update function should work.

Just make sure you don't brick it.

·
Premium Member
13,999 Posts
I think you will find the procedure for this is online only and unless the ecu has been correctly divorced from the donor car using the online SPS function i think its (prepare controller for removal) or similar and an MDI unit then it wont work, what engine/ecu is it, it may be possible to clone it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is the genuine vauxcom just keeps showing no updates available. It's for an Astra 1.7dtj I just got one out of breakers with the same numbers taught it would jus be a similar process as the older Astras

·
13,110 Posts
There are at least two later versions than 131223d.
150406b and 160115a.
Odd that you are not seeing them.

·
Premium Member
16,189 Posts
If you have a genuine interface just click the update button in the software. This will then connect to ilexa and update to the latest version.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A shout soon as I go into internet update it comes up you have the latest version and when I hit ok it goes straight back out it won't let me hit the check for updates. See photo.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts