Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
goodmorning just after some advice i have astra j 1.7cdti a17dtj engine had problems with running and hesitating when accelerating so i gave the car a oil and fuel filter change checked the glow plugs it had mixture in it so changed them also changed cam cover gasket so replaced injector washers i have also changed scv
it did seem better i also cleaned soot out of egr valve as i was very sooty anyway i put some injector cleaner in with more fuel and then it ran a whole lot worse it came up with code 84
so i looked further on cleaned other valves i took vacuum pump off found the flap for other things broken on the end i was just wondering if this could have stopped the astra running as it should
thanks for reading

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Unsure but did you reset the pump in ecu settings for it to relearn?
Car gets use to bad running and adjusts overtime, sometimes hides faults longer till it breaks fully

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thanks for replying i hadn't as yet as waiting for new gaskets i have just bought opcom reader not yet up and running though
is it the same as disconnect battery and run link wire to drain capacitors so to enable relearn

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
System relearn some things like that.
Easy to set up opcom, hard bit if a copy one is disabling digital signature (which ain't hard just a chore)
I also cleaned up inlet pipe behind the egr (which is also has a liquid gasket so would need replaced (engine silicon)
That had a good effect on my motor.
I have the hesitating also but ain't had time or money to sort.
Was your scv an original or copy?
I think it's caused by an air leak personally as I have a whistle under some acceleration but not gearbox or turbo whistle I think)
But finding it is the bother.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have cleaned throttle body,egr valve,pipe that links to inlet manifold and took inlet manifold off to clean
its pretty gunky also make sure swirl flaps all clean and free
the scv was off ebay of the denso one fitted check scv against pump for correct scv

·
Super Moderator
28,024 Posts
i have cleaned throttle body,egr valve,pipe that links to inlet manifold and took inlet manifold off to clean
its pretty gunky also make sure swirl flaps all clean and free
the scv was off ebay of the denso one fitted check scv against pump for correct scv
Beware of Chinese copies of Denso scv from eBay . Price is usually the giveaway.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Loads saying the copy scvs ain't any good.
Not as accurate which gives duff readings to ecu
I have a copy one fitted with a new fuel pump and that problem didn't change.
Try blanking the egr (£4 eBay) and see if that helps (will put management light on but easy goes off/reset)
If not it ain't your egr.
Ensure the blade in the throttle control has an easy smooth sweep not catching close to spindle with hardened grime.

A genuine scv is £120 ish could be worth a try or I would say air leak or injectors

·
Super Moderator
28,024 Posts
When you say vacuum pump , do you mean the one bolted onto the alternator?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this pump is fitted right hand side engine driven by cam shaft with one pipe to brake servo and the other pipe going to inlet manifold
it looks like its connected to swirl flap actuator and i believe an idle control valve and i think egr and turbo actuator

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i have also got to change leak off pipes on injectors as i broke one getting if off
the scv i took out didn't look genuine

·
15,596 Posts
I just paid £70 for a genuine SCV from a Vauxhall dealer on eBay after my Chinese knock off SCV actually fell apart while I was driving.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow thats not good i think ill enquire with the local dealership how much for genuine
scv as wasnt aware of horror stories with the chinese ones

·
15,596 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.