Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Most threads seem to have the same issue but there’s never a solid answer by the end of it

My 2013 astra J cdti has a rough idle when cold and smokes excessively, when it’s warmed up it seems fine

i have replaced the fuel pressure regulator on the pump and the high pressure sensor on the rail with no change. Also I cleaned the EGR valve and still no change.

local garage plugged it in and it had no fault codes but did tell me the rail pressure was very high and the lambda sensor in the DPF was reading 0.

replaced the MAF and lambda sensor and the car is still exactly the same.

any ideas?
thanks

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
If rail pressure high, why would you replace parts that have nothing to do with fuel pressure ?

Depends on the engine, first job would be to check replace the fuel filter, and then sensor on the fuel rail itself.

Try using using a tank of shell v power or similar.
Has additives to help clean and will rule out poor fuel grade which can cause rough running.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I’m no qualified mechanic but I presume a Fuel pressure regulator and a high pressure fuel sensor are to do with fuel related issues?

I’d of thought overly high pressure on the rail could be down to a faulty sensor possibly, hence why i replaced it as a possible solution with no prevail

Fuel filter was changed recently along with a new fuel line from the pump to the injectors (had a tiny hole in it)

Would the new lambda sensor in the DPF having no reading be part of the problem? 🤔

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I only recently bought the car and after looking through the file of paperwork it has a recipt for a cambelt and water pump from February 2022.

It’s got me wondering if the timing is out slightly 🤔

Would that cause issues relating to my symptoms

Re:

Rough idle when cold/hesitations
Smoking
High fuel pressure on the rail

1 - 5 of 5 Posts