Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Car - 2013 Astra J 1.7

I’ve just done the head gasket on my Astra and getting everything back together however, hit a wall with putting the cam shafts back in..

Done some research And found the Vauxhall manual for putting the cams back in but it says I need a special tool to put tension on the exhaust cam so I can bolt the bearing caps down........

I’ve looked everywhere and can’t seem to find this tool.. is it a main stealer phone call or can someone advise ?

cheers for any help!
Matt

·
Premium Member
14,650 Posts
As far as im aware its some sort of balance gear, you should have locked it before removal but if your not aware then its to late, you need to try and turn it then lock it and refit the cams, your going to have to fashion some sort of tool, the only place i can find it available is here,.... KM-6092-A Locking Tool | KENTIMPEX Kft.

How to here,...... Vauxhall Workshop Manuals > Astra J > Engine > Engine mechanics - 1.7L Diesel (LPL, LPV, LUB) > Repair Instructions - On Vehicle > Camshaft Replacement

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As far as im aware its some sort of balance gear, you should have locked it before removal but if your not aware then its to late, you need to try and turn it then lock it and refit the cams, your going to have to fashion some sort of tool, the only place i can find it available is here,.... KM-6092-A Locking Tool | KENTIMPEX Kft.

How to here,...... Vauxhall Workshop Manuals > Astra J > Engine > Engine mechanics - 1.7L Diesel (LPL, LPV, LUB) > Repair Instructions - On Vehicle > Camshaft Replacement

Cheers for the help! .. I’m going to attempt to make the tool or just spin the gear back with pliers..

Do appreciate the help though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts