Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Astra Twintop 2007 model and the hardtop and boot don’t work. I had to perform and emergency closure as it wouldn’t automatically close. I have Tech2 available and these are the diagnostic results.

Hardtop Switch - Inactive
Hardtop Remote Control - Inactive
All Window Lifter Status - Inactive
All Window Lifter Remote - Inactive
Easy Pack Switch Status - Inactive
‘Hardtop Closed’ Contact - Active
Frame Contact Switch Status - Inactive (Should be Active)
Front Latch Contact Switch - Active
Trunk Lid Latch Contact - Inactive (Should be Closed)
Parcel Shelf Sensor Status - Up
Front Trunk Lid Sensor - Inactive
Trunk Lid Contact Switch - Active (Should be Inactive)
‘Hardtop Open’ Sensor Status - Inactive
Luggage Protection Status - Inactive

The car bleeps whenever I drive over 20mph and when I had to perform the emergency close the things that attach under the boot are open meaning I can’t put them back on the car unless the roof is in the open position.

I have fixed the cables on left loom as they were broke but now showing no issues.

Help me please. Can’t to fix this and get rid lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, the boot is not locking into the pulley hinge either.

I’ve ran diagnostics on the car when the roof is in the open position and the issues lie with

Front Contact Switch Status - Inactive
Trunk Lid Latch Contact - Inactive

These two should be active and close, respectively.

·
Premium Member
14,127 Posts
Frame contact switch will be a broken wire, last one i done the broken wire was on the passenger side where the loom comes down from the roof frame, once this is repaired you may need to power the roof closed from the pump relay behind the panel at the back of the boot so it locks into position, with luck this should then sort out the trunk lid switch.
To get at the wire i had to open the roof half way to access the wire for repair, continuity check on the wire will confirm if its broken.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts