Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Astra H Z16XER engine limp mode activators

617 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  KierAn20 
#1 ·
Hi,

Probably a bit of an unusual request, but does anybody know if there are any dead certain engine limp mode "activators" or scenarios with regard to the Z16xer engine.

To cut a very long story short, my son and I race full contact 1600cc stock cars and after years of building Honda Civics, have decided to give the mk5 Astra a try - they are ALOT harder (built) than Civics.

The aim is to keep the factory ignition and injection system, rather than just whack on a different inlet mani and carbs etc. But the entire car has to be stripped back to bare essentials. Which of course is quite difficult with this car because of the need to retain certain modules.

We've now got the car to the point where almost all cabin wiring has been removed, apart from the SRS module and wiring to it, the IPC, the CIM, the electronic throttle and the fuel pump.

The entire ABS system, the air con system, the EPS pump, all crash sensors and airbags have been removed. The next stage is to start looking at what can come out under the bonnet without putting the car into limp mode.

Removing the primary 02 sensor seems fine, but I haven't yet removed the secondary (post cat) and anticipate this one may cause a problem. Does anybody know if removing the alternator could potentially put the ecu into limp mode? I imagine the IPC may pick up from the alternator for the rpm signal, if this is the case, the ecu probably also gets the same signal from there?

Apologies for the possibly silly questions. I have had no luck in sourcing a decent wiring diagram so far, so thought I would try and pick some brains.

Or has anybody already done this with the Astra H / know anybody that has?

Thanks for your time.

Kieran

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.