Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone come across this before? The car has new plugs and coil pack done prior to this issue, the egr valve was change using a Pierburg item. The car misfires when pulling in gears, hardly ever at idle or revving on the spot, sometimes the engine symbol flashes but this stops when you back off. I have seen a youtube video where the EGR channels were cleared to alleviate these error.

P0300 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected
(00) - Not present

P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected
(00) - Present

P0302 - Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected
(00) - Not present

P0303 - Cylinder 3 Misfire Detected
(00) - Not present

P0304 - Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected
(00) - Not present

P0314 - Single Cylinder Misfire Detected
(00) - Not present

P1300 - Misfire Detected at Low Fuel Level
(00) - Not present

·
Worn Out Member
7,328 Posts
Did you fit a genuine or oem coil pack or a cheapy version ?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Delphi CP, interestingly enough I cleared the codes and went for a drive to get some live data. The engine ran reasonably well aside from the odd stutter that wasn't a misfire. I'd say it was similar to the way it behaved prior to changing the EGR valve but not as violent. As soon as the engine symbol illuminated the misfires began again. A local garage had a look last week and said the ECU was at fault, they didn't have the facilities to code one so using my OPCOM I swapped the ECU and the issue was still present. I'm not tempted to go back to them.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the video that makes me think the EGR channels are worth a check. Anyone else done there's to cure issues?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Could it be an Injector problem?...what do the plugs like when you take them out. as Grant says have you changed them, haven't got any black marks down the outside of the Porcelain i guess, it could even be an ecu fault, what does the rev counter do, does it flicker about erratically or just work properly with engine revs ert...might even be a crank or cam sensor if its on all the cylinders, plenty to choose from....Fred.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
New plugs and coil pack, engine runs fine for a while ( 8 miles)when errors are cleared. I have swapped ecus to eliminate that as the problem. The live data shows some oxygen abnormalities, I have to check the egr channels for peace of mind, bit of a faff, but has to be done. I'll report back. Just like to hear from someone who's cleaned the channels to see what their outcome was.

·
Premium Member
15,194 Posts
Do you have Opcom, if you do whats the STFT at idle and 2000 rpm also whats the rear lambda reading at idle and the egr feedback.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Andy, yes I have OPCOM, did one reading at 2500, at this point it wasn't misfiring. I have posted some reading some taken when driving which is where the issue is worst. Thanks everyone so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK, all back together and running like a dream. It makes you wonder what other errors blocked EGR channels can generate. Local garage refused to believe me when I asked them to check and insisted it was the ecu, their loss as a mate of mine did it for £80 plus tea and biscuits.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Andy, yes I have OPCOM, did one reading at 2500, at this point it wasn't misfiring. I have posted some reading some taken when driving which is where the issue is worst. Thanks everyone so far.
What was the result after cleaning the cylinder ports and channels? I'm having the same problem with my 2007 Vauxhall Zafira. This is on a replaced engine in 2016 with 18K miles, new plugs, new coil pack, and ECU sent in and verified to be working properly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What was the result after cleaning the cylinder ports and channels? I'm having the same problem with my 2007 Vauxhall Zafira. This is on a replaced engine in 2016 with 18K miles, new plugs, new coil pack, and ECU sent in and verified to be working properly.
David,

If you're sure the engine has only done 18k then unlikely that the EGR channels are totally blocked. Your engine may be slightly different as this was an earlier 2004 Z16XEP. If you think it may have done a few more miles then it's worth a shout, my Daughters car had a new EGR valve a few months earlier, then the misfire occurred as the ECU leaned off the mixture. Post clean it runs a dream and has done nearly 10,000 miles since. It does run better when regularly thrashed :)

If you have OPCOM record some live data. Hope you get it sorted.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts