Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,010 Posts
Well we are looking for 5v when testing across those two pins of the cam sensor plug. Have you not got a normal MM to see what we got. I suspect this sensor and the pedal sensor may share the same 5v feed inside the ecu and its blown the component inside the ecu when the pedal wire was shorting out but we need to know what voltage we have across those two terminals in the cam sensor plug.

·
Premium Member
14,010 Posts
Well thats probably why it wont run properly, no supply to the cam sensor, if all the wiring is good then i would say ecu has failed mate, if you buy Opcom you can program a replacement in yourself unless your fed up with it now.
There are a few ecu's on ebay that have been reset so are easy to program so long as you have your cars security code and Opcom.

·
Registered
91 Posts
All running and accelerating now thought I would check ecu pins on the first plug at top as I only had a quick check with ecu still on car toke it of and checked surly enough 3 bent pins thanks to you for telling me to check really appreciate what you have done and helped me fix

·
Premium Member
14,010 Posts
Well done mate, felt a bit bad last night when you was going to scrap it, good on you for checking the pins,...(y):)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks for your help I was thinking about scrapping it but then I thought I’ll put it up for parts and strip it’s for more money but then I thought I’ll give it all another check over incase I have missed any thing and there it was some bent pins lucky I toke care with them and they all bent back and couldn’t tell I just connected all the wires I cut of and joined up and then give it a try and it worked so I left it idle for over half a hour with out any problem so it’s all done thank use

·
Super Moderator
13,770 Posts
Thanks for your help I was thinking about scrapping it but then I thought I’ll put it up for parts and strip it’s for more money but then I thought I’ll give it all another check over incase I have missed any thing and there it was some bent pins lucky I toke care with them and they all bent back and couldn’t tell I just connected all the wires I cut of and joined up and then give it a try and it worked so I left it idle for over half a hour with out any problem so it’s all done thank use

with a big grin on ya face :)

141 - 157 of 157 Posts