Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off. My Opel Astra H is 1.4i and I had replaced 3 so far throttle body's.
I'm pretty sure something else is making this throttle body to get faulty itself over and over again. It was not over 3000 km since last time I changed my throttle.
Can you please tell me something which I should take in mind?
The error codes right now showing are
ECN 152364
ECN 150052
ECN 150011
ECN 150012

All of those error are for the Throttle but why does it keeps falling and I must buy new one?!!
ANY IDEA guys...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What else have you checked... Wiring, UEC, Oil contamination in wiring loom.
So I searched around about the UEC and found some threads about people having issues with the throttle pedal, not the body, and cleaning the UEC fixed it. I'm going to try that and see if it works for me since the issue is the body, not the pedal.
Any other suggestions? :)

·
Premium Member
16,193 Posts
From memory the throttle body wires don't run through the rec on the astra. They run direct to the ecu

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We found issue!!!
We opened the first (original throttle boddy) and we cleaned the contacts and it worked fine... The second one can be fixed aswell but the third one is too old and driven too much since we bought both used... THANKS all

·
Premium Member
16,193 Posts
I think you have just been extremely unlucky to get 3 with the same fault. It's not a common failure point so the chances of this happening is extremely rare but possible as you have proven.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think you have just been extremely unlucky to get 3 with the same fault. It's not a common failure point so the chances of this happening is extremely rare but possible as you have proven.
That is true and thats why I was thinking the issue was something else... But it turned out just the throttle body itself... Finally good to see the car in working condition!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Astra h 1.4 sxi twin port 2006 car was running fine then one day went to it and started the car every thing seemed fine untill pressing the acceleration pedal there was no response so I changed the pedal still nothing got the car diagnosed to be egr valve and can shaft sensor changed them still nothing since the car had a flexi pipe and lambda sensor throttle body timing chain fuse box And more any suggestions?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Fault codes egr and cam shaft sensor but I changed them and I got told many of things so I changed them but now after all the money the car is no better than when getting it back

·
Premium Member
14,010 Posts
Have you actually replaced the throttle body on top the engine or just the pedal, what codes do you have now, do the pedal trick and write them down when they appear in the mileage display.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Doing the pedal trick doesn’t show any error codes as if the pedal isn’t working but I have put 2 different pedals on and a brand new one I can’t remember the codes but I know earlier it was cam shaft sensor A bank 1 and egr valve I’m not sure in the codes though and yeah I have changed the full throttle body

·
Registered
91 Posts
Or do you have Opcom or any other diagnostic tool.
When I plugged it in a snap on computer it didn’t read it unless I done the details from the car manual as if there was some sort of electric or ecu problem but when plugging in to a cheap obd2 ready I got codes for cam sensor and egr valve

·
Registered
91 Posts
It’s doing my head in now because if I leave the car a few days and go back to it the car will idle for 10 minuets with out a problem soons I press the accelerator pedal the car will stall

1 - 20 of 157 Posts